Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mital7
Beginner
Message 1 of 2

BT broadband increase in price

Hi
I have just checked my bill and the price has increased by a couple of pounds. I rang them to see if i can cancel and switch providers but they said they wont without a penalty.
Apparently they sent a email to me but I cant seem to locate this email nor find it. I even checked my junk mail. The only way I found of of the price increase is when i checked my direct debit this month. The ladt said I was informed in June and had 30 days in june to cancel without a charge. But i feel that it is unfair and i did not receive any correspondence with this i do t believe in mid contract rises and i certainly feel that after the payment gone through should there be a cancellation period not months in advance. Anything i can do to disconnect i am still contracted til june 2019, was told it would cost £300 to cancel
0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
-Richie-
Guru
Message 2 of 2

Re: BT broadband increase in price

You could ask to renew the package at your old price if possible on a new 18 month contract/promotion, mention you never recieved the original email notification.

To stop it happening again you can add btcomms@info.bt.com to your email address book, so any future emails get to your inbox, just incase they're in spam/junk, alternatively you could change your preferred method of communication to letter, then your notifications will be sent by post.

0 Ratings