cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

BT cancelling my order.

Hi all , sadly out of frustration I find myself seeking answers here.

I recently moved home and contacted BT to let them know of my change of address in good time.

My new property has full fibre to the house , so we were excited to at last have decent reliable fast broadband speeds. 

Initially due to the previous home owner still being in contract,  there was a delay of 2 weeks until our service could be activated. 

Our router arrived early and we plugged it in and waited . To our surprise it worked first time. We had Internet. 

Great. 

But on the day our service was actually due to begin it all got cancelled. 

So no Internet nothing. 

After phone calls with BT , we were told that there was no port available at the time of our service beginning,  so the order was cancelled. 

Very frustrating,  we go through the whole process again and re do the order , all due to start in just 4 days. 

So to today , 1 day before we expected our service to begin , its cancelled yet again .Seriously?  What the hell are you doing BT?

The really really annoying thing about all this is ,BT installed the network on our estate and we can ONLY use them for broadband. 

How can this be possible? 

So in sheer frustration I am hoping someone here from BT reads this and sorts their **** out. 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT cancelling my order.

it was openreach who installed the fibre network and has nothing to do with BT Retail.  you should not be forced to use BT Retail unless you are an existing BT customer moving home with an existing broadband package.  if not existing customer you should be free to select any ISP who provides connection over openreach network

have you tried phoning the FTTP TEAM 08005874787 and see if they can help you

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 5

Hi @Paul-Thurgate 

Welcome and thanks for your post!

I am sorry to see the problems you're having with your order.  Please call my colleagues in the helpdesk using the number above and keep us posted how you get on.

Thanks,

Robbie

Message 4 of 5

Thanks for your reply,  I will give that number a call and let you know i I get on .

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

@Paul-Thurgate wrote:

Thanks for your reply,  I will give that number a call and let you know i I get on .

Hi @Paul-Thurgate 

How did you get on speaking with my colleagues in the helpdesk?  Let me know as we can give you a hand from here if you still need some help.

Thanks,

Robbie.

0 Ratings