cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
charleston
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

BT cannot connect me in my new home

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I have recently moved house (a week and a half ago) - my wife had arranged before the move to switch our account over to our new home, so that we would have broadband and phone line as soon as possible in our new house.

Desipte our moving day being the 10th, we were told we couldn't be connected until the 19th (today). So that is at least 9 days already, without usage, that i am sure we will be billed for.

Now that we are at our supposed connection day, nothing has happened. My wife has been passed around several customer service agents in a call centre, without any real clarity being given over the situation, but apparently the previous residents are somehow preventing us from being connected?! This is apparently because they have not confirmed with BT that they have moved out.

This surely cannot be the case?! What if BT are never able to confirm this, will we have no phone or broadband indefinitely? We obviously can prove that we live at this property but that is apparently not good enough. What else can we do?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT cannot connect me in my new home

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.

They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are a UK based team of people, who take personal ownership of your problem.

Once you get a reply, make sure that you are logged into the forum, then click on their name, you will see a screen like this. Click on the link as shown below.
Please do not send them a personal message, as they cannot deal with service issues that way.

For your own security, do not post any personal details, on this forum. That includes any tracking number you are give.

They will respond either by phone or e-mail, when its your turn in the queue.
Please use the tracked e-mail, to reply, not via the forum. Thanks

modpicture.jpg

This is the form you should see when you click on the link. If you do not see this form, then you have selected the wrong link.
When you submit the form, you will receive an enquiry number, so please keep a note of it

Image2.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Hi charleston,

If the outgoing customer has a pending cease order or they are in the process of moving the line to their new address, this could delay your order as BT would need to wait for that order to complete before BT could take over the line.

I can take a look at your order to see what is happening. Please send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
charleston
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

Thanks PaddyB

I have submitted a form.

The outgoing residents moved to their new residence more than a week before vacating our new home - so i see no reason that would cause a delay.

Thank you for your help - looking forward to a resolution.

0 Ratings
charleston
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Our situation has NOT improved in the slightest.

For starters, I have received no response following the form I completed on this very page more than a week ago (except for one to say that they 'hope' to repsond within 48 hours - that went well...)

Even after filing a formal complaint, the communication has been terrible. Having been told we would have to wait until September 4th for an engineer, my wife was actually called yesterday to tell her that an engineer would come to sort things out today (huzzah).

However, the day has arrived but he has been sent to our OLD address, and when he called my wife and she informed him that he was in the wrong place, she was just told that the old address is what was in his notes and therefore couldn't come to our new address. The two addresses are less than half a mile apart!

If at least somebody could explain why an engineer is necessary and why the processes are taking so long, I might not feel so utterly mistreated. But the experience of moving our phone and boradband when moving house has been very, very poor.

Calling helplines seems to be a completely worthless task so please, please can somebody help me here?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

The forum mods normally reply within 5 working days after you have contacted them via their contact form at the moment as they are extremely busy each mail they receive is dealt with personally and strictly in turn
They will contact you personally by email or phone.
0 Ratings