x99
Beginner
x99

BT.com website and Chrome - problem

Anyone else having problems accessing the BT.com website via Chrome? Eventually pages crash for not good reason (Aw Snap!) and won't re-load. Seems OK with IE and I'm using IE11.

Guru
sjtp

Re: BT.com website and Chrome - problem

I haven't had any issues with it on Chrome (I don't use the site much). Such problems are often due to installed extensions rather than the browser itself.
Expert
duncan10

[ Edited ]

I agree. I use a foreign browser but it uses Chrome -no crashes.Check your plug-ins and add-ons.Disable one at a time to check. If not your protection programe or Microsoft internet main programming needs to be looked at and some boxes ticked/or unticked.

Expert
Oliver341

I use the latest version of Chrome with no extensions and I find the links on http://home.bt.com often do not work.

Expert
Oliver341

By "do not work" I mean when I click them nothing happens.

Guru
sjtp

@Oliver341: Is that click failure repeatable or random? If repeatable, can you give an example, please?
Expert
duncan10

IS there any indication that your PC is trying to contact BT like a revolving circle either at the top or next to your mouse arrow. If not then NO request is being sent.

Expert
Oliver341

sjtp wrote:
@Oliver341: Is that click failure repeatable or random? If repeatable, can you give an example, please?

I think it was related to the Broadband Shield on the Sky connection I was on. When the Shield was switched off the BT website links became clickable again.

jprdover

Similar problem for me. Why can't BT work with the most popular Browser, Chrome. I also get a message telling me BT Desktop Help will not work with my version of Windows!! It will only work with XP, Vista, Win7 and Win 8. I am using Windows 8.1 so how 'toilet' is that? Already written to BT asking to be released from Contractm I'm finding it rubbish.

Beginner
JohnS_99

I am having the same problem regularly using 'chrome' to access BT.com website.  I have a desk top computer running XP and laptop running Vista.  Both regularly return the 'aw snap' message (but only ever on the BT site) and the desk top has non-operating 'click here' buttons.  Therefore I cannot access email via XP since the transfer from Yahoo to BT.  I am reluctant to alter any of my settings as both com puters work perfectly on every other web site I visit.  Why have BT not tested their new version with the commonly used browsers?