cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 6

BT contract about to expire

My contract is going to expire next month and it's impossible to reach anyone to discuss or renegotiate.  All the "upgrade" packages on line are more than I currently pay so I'm not prepared to go down that route without a conversation.  I imagine there will be many people over the next few months in this position. Does anyone know if BT will just automatically up the price or might they hold the current contract prices until this emergency is over?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT contract about to expire

@stevie2017 

If you were on a discounted rate, then  you will move to a rolling monthly package, and your price will go up.

Have you tried calling 0800 800 030?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 6

I very much doubt that BT will just hold the price. They also can not legally "re-contract" you.

You will just continue on your present contract however what will happen if you do not contact them is that any discount you presently have for being in a "minimum term", which is what most people refer to as their contract, will stop and you will pay the full amount for your package but instead of being in a "minimum term" you can now leave by giving either 14 or 30 days notice. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 6

Thank you - yes I have tried that number and the one ending in 150 with no success for several days.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 6

Thank you - yes I understand that is the usual situation.  I guess all those of us that this applies to will just have to accept whatever rules BT has in place as it is impossible to reach them under the current circumstances to discuss alternatives.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 6 of 6

I'm in exactly the same position. Contract about to end and the cheapest offer for me is £5 per month more than I currently pay!

Given that it is impossible to speak to anyone, what do I do?

Unfortunately a move to another company seems likely as I could be paying a lot less than I pay now.

I am amazed that BTs offers for existing customers are not more competitive. Do they want to lose customers?

0 Ratings