Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DarP
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

BT data reset contradiction.

Hi

I purchased a sim only plan for my Son, it included 500MB of data.

On the 26/12/17 at 15:29 he was sent a text message from BT Mobile, and I qoute.

"Hello BT here. You've used 431MB of your data this month for mobile No. 074*******.

Once you've used all of it, you'll have to pay for extra data you use at the standard rate, until your allowance resets on 26/12/17.

I stopped him using the data for the rest of the day.

On the 30/12/17 at 12:25 telling me the data was used up and I will now have to pay for any additional data.

On the same day at 12:30 he had a text saying that you've spent £4 outside of your data.

When I went online to check the account. It says that my data will renew on the 28th of the month not 26th as the text state.

so which is correct, as this has now cost me!!

Also why can't the limit of additional monthly spend be set to £0 and not £5. which would be more suitable if you are allowing for a child to have a phone.

Kind regards

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT data reset contradiction.

500MB of data is very quickly used up, as its really only intended for email and light web browsing. Once you start using it up for games, or even YouTube, it will be used up within a very short time. Even web pages with embedded video will use it up quickly.

Try to make sure he always connects to Wifi whenever possible, and even then, turn off mobile data, just in case the wireless connection is lost, and it reverts to mobile data.

I believe this can happen on iPhones.

You may have to purchase data addons if the phone is going to be used away from home, as it will be cheaper in the long run.

1GB of extra data costs £6 a month.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
DarP
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Hi

Thanks for the reply.

500MB of data can be ueed up quickly, I don't deny this.

But the contradiction between the data renewal date still stands.

Also why can't there be a £0 limit on the monthly spend.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

@DarP wrote:

Hi

Thanks for the reply.

But the contradiction between the data renewal date still stands.

Also why can't there be a £0 limit on the monthly spend.

I am sure that mine renews at the same time as my monthly bill, so perhaps that it the same for you?

As for the price cap, I do no know, but I would imagine its to allow a certain number of calls if you run out of credit in an emergency.

0 Ratings