Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nmintilana
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

BT default still showing after payment made

Hello,

Back in May this year I managed to pay an old debt to BT that was showing as a default on my credit score. Since then I would have expected it to be updated on ClearScore and it is not. I have confirmation from BT that it is resolved, as per below, however no updates are showing. Do I need to do anything else to have this updated? Thank you in advance.

N

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
JohnC2
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT default still showing after payment made

Hi @nmintilana, sorry your credit file is still not updated. When you view your credit file on one of the free services such as Noddle/Clearscore, they can only view a new report every 30 days. Have more than 30 days passed since the account was settled?

cheers

John

0 Ratings
nmintilana
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

Hi @JohnC2 ,

Thank you for coming back to me. Yes, the account was settled on the 28th of May 2021.

Cheers

N

0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 4 of 7

Hi @nmintilana, thanks for posting back and that should be updated by now. I've had a look at Clearscore disputes information refers to Equifax. If you haven't already got an open dispute you may need to contact Equifax and raise this.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
FTT
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 7

Updated in the sense it should show a "settled" debt? It should show that.

The deafault though will stay there until it expires (around 6 years from the default) that's my understanding.

0 Ratings
nmintilana
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

Thank you @JohnC2 , I'll try that.

0 Ratings
nmintilana
Beginner
Message 7 of 7

Yes, @FTT  I'm aware of the 6 years until it expires. I am expecting it to show as "satisfied" or "settled" since it's been paid, so I'll try to contact Equifax.

Thank you for the input👍

0 Ratings