cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

BT default still showing after payment made

Hello,

Back in May this year I managed to pay an old debt to BT that was showing as a default on my credit score. Since then I would have expected it to be updated on ClearScore and it is not. I have confirmation from BT that it is resolved, as per below, however no updates are showing. Do I need to do anything else to have this updated? Thank you in advance.

N

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: BT default still showing after payment made

Hi @nmintilana, sorry your credit file is still not updated. When you view your credit file on one of the free services such as Noddle/Clearscore, they can only view a new report every 30 days. Have more than 30 days passed since the account was settled?

cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Hi @JohnC2 ,

Thank you for coming back to me. Yes, the account was settled on the 28th of May 2021.

Cheers

N

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Hi @nmintilana, thanks for posting back and that should be updated by now. I've had a look at Clearscore disputes information refers to Equifax. If you haven't already got an open dispute you may need to contact Equifax and raise this.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Updated in the sense it should show a "settled" debt? It should show that.

The deafault though will stay there until it expires (around 6 years from the default) that's my understanding.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Thank you @JohnC2 , I'll try that.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Yes, @FTT  I'm aware of the 6 years until it expires. I am expecting it to show as "satisfied" or "settled" since it's been paid, so I'll try to contact Equifax.

Thank you for the input👍

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

@JohnC2 

Hi John, I hope you can help me,  to give you some context:

I contacted the forum a while ago to explain that I had paid a debt that was showing as defaulted on my credit report. This has since been updated on Equifaxthank you however, it's still showing on Transunion and  my mortgage is at risk because this particualr payment was not updated on Transunion.

My house purchase is due to go through this friday the 3rd March and this needs clearing before then. Could you please let me know who I can speak to to have this cleared as soons as possible?

Thanks in advance

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Hi @nmintilana sorry that you're having this problem with your credit file. I've got to admit I wasn't aware of Transunion so had to look into this further. 

As Equifax has updated your file already hopefully they will be able to get this updated at their end quickly for you. 

You need to get in touch with them directly:

• Online at www.transunion.co.uk
  • Call 0330 024 7574
  • Address - Consumer Services Team
    • TransUnion
    • PO Box 647
    • Unit 4
    • Hull
    • HU9 9QZ

Cheers

John

0 Ratings