· BT account created five years ago (2015) in my name
The account ‘defaulted’ in 2017, showing 187 Pounds Outstanding
· I received no correspondence to this effect and have no recollection of the account
· Departed the UK for the United States in October 2016 and have lived abroad since
· Returning full time to the UK and finalizing my mortgage
· The default appeared on my Experian credit file August 2020
· Contacted BT – summary of their response below
o The account was closed a number of years ago; we have no information on it
o Contact the debt agency – (They do not know who the debt agency is)
o We cannot help - contact Experian
I am currently unable to:
The strange thing is that in the correspondence between BT and Experien, the amount of debt changed:
There is an outstanding balance on this account of £46.75 which relates to invoices dated from 06/12/16 through to 08/03/17 when the account was canceled due to non- payment. The last payment we received to this account was on 25/09/17 (I DID NOT MAKE A PAYMENT THIS DATE)
Please advise the customer to contact BT Customer Services on 0800 800 150 to make a payment or if the customer wishes to dispute the charges. Once the outstanding balance has been cleared, the Credit File will automatically update to show as a satisfied default."
When I contact BT, I cannot make a payment!
I can't get a mortgage because of it! Please can anyone help me!
Hi @radams3396 and welcome.
I'm sorry you're having problems tracking the debt. I'm not sure there is a lot we can do to help but I'll be happy to take a look. I'll drop you a private message so you can get in touch.