cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gt2021
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

BT equipment delivery delay

Openreach installed fibre on the 22nd March but BT did not supply the equipment ordered. I called on the 21st to tell BT but they wanted to proceed with the install anyway. The install went OK with 'light' confirmed internally. I rang BT early afternoon on the 22nd to ask when the equipment would be delivered and, given that it had not, when activation would take place. I was explicitly assured that the old TT landline service would not disconnect until the new BT kit arrived. Later on in the day I received a text confirming that the service had been activated; the old TT line disconnected. The best BT can do appears to be to deliver the equipment 'as soon as possible', which is of course useless. In the absence of a hub I'm left with a service I cannot use, no landline capability and no idea when it will be dispatched. The order was made on Jan 18th and the install on March 22nd which doesn't exactly inspire confidence. I have started the complaints process given that I was effectively lied to yesterday but, apparently, complaints are only answered 'as soon as possible'. At the time I write it has not even been 'reviewed'. 

It seems to be taking 30 minutes + waiting time to speak to anyone at BT but having been lied to about activation I don't have much confidence in getting a verbal resolution. Given that I have no idea about when the equipment will be delivered, no idea when I'll get a response to my written complaint, no idea when billing will start (I inferred 'activation' from what I was told yesterday) I'm considering cancelling the service before it even starts. The problem then of course is how to restore a traditional landline service with TT. And all because BT won't dispatch a router (and battery backup) or tell me when.

Given the situation I would have thought they would courier the kit out although it would appear they are happy to see customers lose landline comms capability. My main concern is not to compound the situation by initiating a cancellation process. Like most people we have mobile phones in the house so I can live without a landline for a time, albeit the EE service rarely gets above 2 bars without WiFi calling.

Suggestions invited.  

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: BT equipment delivery delay

If your Talk Talk router is not locked to TT and has a WAN port, you can use that until the hub arrives.

0 Ratings
gt2021
Beginner
Message 3 of 9

Thanks for making the effort to reply. I only wish BT would show the same courtesy.

The old TT is not of any use so I remain without any kit. I'm really struggling to explain to my wife why we have had no landline service for three days now, why BT has not rung or emailed to apologise, why my complaint has not even been 'reviewed', why my email to them has not had a response, and why BT are unwilling to attempt any communication whatsoever on the subject of the missing equipment. Most of all she can't understand why BT ceased a perfectly usable TT landline service without, apparently, the ability to manage what I thought would be the simplest of tasks - mailing a router from a warehouse.

Thus as it stands I've no idea when the equipment will be sent out, this week, next month, next year? BT gives every indication that it couldn't care less. Meanwhile, we are left without service.

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 4 of 9

Hi @gt2021 I'm so sorry about the poor start to your service, that's not good at all and I apologise you've been left without broadband. I'm not aware of any FTTP Hub stock issues, I've sent you a private message so you can get in touch with the moderation team so you can get in touch and we'll be happy to help. 

It may be quicker to get a resolution if you speak to our FTTP connections team on their direct number 0800 587 4787

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
gt2021
Beginner
Message 5 of 9

Neil,
I finally got to speak to someone today and I think (?) I'm on the way to a resolution next week. It would appear that because I ordered a battery backup which was 'out of stock' they delayed sending the router. I've not had an explanation as to why the old landline service was terminated before the equipment was delivered but hey ho, I am just hoping that the router arrives on Monday so that I can finally get some service. I'll give this a chance to play out but if it doesn't I'll get back to you with my details. Thanks for taking an interest. Ged
gt2021
Beginner
Message 6 of 9

Alas the saga continues and it's now affecting other family members. The first incorrect hub has been returned and we await a second. The second hub was targeted for delivery on April 1st but scheduled by RM for April 3rd (no confirmation of this on tracking). Meanwhile we have no landline service.  An example of the problems this is causing: . My wife's mother (age 87) tried our landline and obviously could not get through. Although she was asked to ring a mobile she is of an age where people become muddled and basically forgot. As a result she decided to walk (unaided) to her GP against family advice (her son is a retired GP). A vaccine appointment was also missed today essentially because she could not get through on the landline and ask for help with transport. We have no assurance that she will remember to use my wife's mobile if she needs help. If the hub arrives tomorrow, and if it works the problem may resolve itself. I only wish I could feel confident that it will.

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 9

Not sure what the possibility is with Digital Voice, but have you asked for call divert to your mobile to be placed on the number until the hub arrives?

0 Ratings
gt2021
Beginner
Message 8 of 9

Nice idea but: 'Your BT Broadband
Sorry, we can’t show your broadband details at the moment
We’re working on fixing the issue, but in the meantime you can also find your account details on your latest bill.'
There is nothing I can do logging in.
0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 9

Call 0800 800150

0 Ratings