cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dqj999
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

BT failed to complete delivery on the planned date. Will I get £5/day compensation?

My appointment for Full Fibre was scheduled for 7th May and an OpenReach contractor turned up but could not complete the connection.  The (Nokia) modem is now connected to the  Smart Hub  2 but shows a red LOS light. It appears that the CBT has not been activated on the pole.

My PlusNet contract ended on this date.  After speaking to the support line i was initially told that OpenReach would activate the CBT today and that an a new appointment would follow. I now have a date scheduled for 28th May, which is not acceptable as I will lose my existing service from PlusNet before that date.

I now need a working solution from BT well before that date and it appears that the necessary solution "Hybrid Connect" is available. So far I have not been offered this known solution.

Is this how BT wishes to treat its new customers? Will I get the "automatic" compensation of £5/day for loss of service?

Derek

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT failed to complete delivery on the planned date. Will I get £5/day compensation?

have you phoned the FTTP TEAM  08005874787 and see if they can help you

did you add the HALO add on to your fibre package to get the HYbrid conenct?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
dqj999
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Re: BT failed to complete delivery on the planned date. Will I get £5/day compensation?

Yes I've phoned the FTTPM help team.

I didn't had Halo to my order; there was an option to get a free hybrid connect when I was placing my order but that option disappeared to be replaced with an Alexa Smartphone. As a result my order had two Alexa Smartphones listed for delivery but the 2nd one failed to turn up.

BT doesn't seem to be a "ducks in a row" organisation!
but as I see it BT have failed to connect me when they said they would and they now need to find an expedient method of putting that right.
0 Ratings
garybs29
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 4

As your activation has been delayed you should get the £5 per day automatically once active as it's all done automatically as the scheme name suggests.

Also as far as I'm aware the hybrid comnect is only included with halo 3+ & is £7 per month on all other packages so I'm sure you could request that if you wanted

0 Ratings