cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JJRAMS3Y
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 15

BT fibre 2 order issues.

Where do I start with this one. I successfully placed an order for BT fibre 2 through a third party and my order went through with no issues. I had to cancel the order a few Days before the installation date. My previous ISP told me that my new ISP (BT) had taken over the line and that I was no longer a customer and would lose my broadband and phone service within a Day or so. I called BT and was told just to wait 24 hours and re order through third party web site which I did well I have tried to and i am still trying to with no success. 

When I click on the link on third party affiliate web site it directs me to BT then for some strange reason I am limited to Fibre 1 no Fibre 2 option is available yet I can place and order for Fibre 2 with BT over telephone but not online even going direct to BT.com I still can only order Fibre 1. I can place an order with any other ISP from third party website and get faster speed option with no problem it's just the BT link that seems to reduce the option to Fibre 1. I have called BT numerous times even called the affiliate who are promoting the offer and apparently this has something to do with Gold Address on one system and not on the other one BTs system. I had asked Openreach for their help on Twitter and here is there response "If it's an Address issue,the provider should access the Openreach portal and complete an ORDI form which aligns the correct Address on thier systems and ours. Only the provider can do that for you and it takes about 7  Days to go through maybe that would help" .BT have advised me to Order Fibre 1 which I have done then once my service is live call them and they will upgrade me to Fibre 2 speed. The BT staff have been excellent and very helpful but no one seems to be able to solve this issue. I have switched ISPs a few times in past and I have never encountered this issue. Any help would be appreciated as BT can't seem to do anything additional to help to allow me to order Fibre 2 on third party web site to take advantage of reward card as if i order from BT direct the reward card is not part of the deal,please help.

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
yorkspark
Contributor
Message 2 of 15

Re: BT fibre 2 order issues.

Afternoon,

Can you use the bt checker to see whats available at your address, removing your number/address before posting please :- https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 15

are you trying to port your number when changing ISP?  if so are still at same address when you were first issued with the number and which ISP issued you with the number

there seems to be many problems with order caused by number porting and porting not being available

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
JJRAMS3Y
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 15

Yes to all questions. Been at same Address for almost 13 years now still living at same Address when landline number was allocated BT was ISP at the time no other ISP was available in the area back in 2008 when I first moved to new build property. I am taking my landline number over to BT from my current provider Vodafone which I always do The number was originally allocated to us by BT . I have changed ISPs a few times over the years and always taken my Openreach/BT allocated landline number with me with no issues in past. Thank you for your assistance.

0 Ratings
JJRAMS3Y
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 15

ADSL CHECK.png

0 Ratings
JJRAMS3Y
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 15

Oddly enough.It returns a different result when i check using my Address instead of my telephone Landline number.InkedOpera Snapshot_2021-01-02_032853_www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com_LI (2).jpg

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 15

as the dslchecker says the most accurate information is when you use the phone number followed by address then post code

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 15

@JJRAMS3Y 

You have a fibre 2 connection.Capture.JPG

That is shown on the phone number results.

0 Ratings
JJRAMS3Y
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 15

Yes,but you would think that using your Tel no and or your Address to check  would return the same result but obviously they don't. As I say it's only ordering Fibre 2 online with BT I encounter This lower speed offering issue any other ISP can offer higher speeds even when I don't provide my Landline number,just my Address as I have experimented and tried this . BT over Telephone can't offer me any explanation or resolution and tell me that fibre 2 is available which I already know but BT website says it's not available and that is me using my Landline telephone number to check strange Indeed. Thanks again for your help.

0 Ratings
JJRAMS3Y
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 15

Yes I currently have a Fibre 2 connection with my current ISP if that's what your meaning. I did this check using my landline telephone number. For some odd reason I cannot order Fibre 2 from BT online direct or through broadband comparison website. When I call BT they tell me Fibre 2 is available to order from them but only by telephone. This means that I can't get the affiliate third party offers when joining BT as BT don't offer the additional incentive for joining when placing order by telephone . Thanks for the input.

0 Ratings