cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JJRAMS3Y
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 15

Re: BT fibre 2 order issues.

Sorry quick amendment. When I use  my Address only to check with broaband speeds are available to me from other ISPs. This shows the lower speeds available only. Only by using my Landline number does it show higher speeds available. But with exception BT.com which returns the lower speed as maximum when I use my Landline to check. I noticed that BT address displayed on the broadband check differs slightly from other ISPs results. But this has never been an issue before.

0 Ratings
JJRAMS3Y
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 15

Spoke with BT again today. And was advised need to wait until my BT service goes live before the ORDI request can be done 

That's a strange one as if you look back  some Posts on these forums from 2018 and 2019 you will find this same issue which was dealt with Gold Silver Address issue search that on these forums. That individual didn't have a internet service  and was trying to order broadband and the Address issue this Gold  Silver was preventing them from doing so this issue was  resolved by Moderate on the these forums enabling the customer about a week later to go ahead and place their Fibre order so i don't understand why BT cannot just send the ORDI request now as Openreach have advised because there is obviously an issue somewhere which has never been an issue in the past but this issue is only with BT other ISPs i don't have this problem as they can offer me higher speeds regardless where the order is placed online or by telephone. I will patiently wait until my service with BT goes live then start this fiasco all over again.

0 Ratings
iniltous
Recognised Expert
Message 13 of 15

ORDI requests are done by the consumers current provider , quite often the incomplete or incorrect ‘data’ is stopping the consumer migrating to a new provider , basically the company losing the customer is responsible for getting the records corrected in this scenario, that’s because the consumer has a relationship with that company, obviously the company they intend to move to currently have no relationship with them (yet)

Some consumers seem to think BT  is the company that sorts out everyone else’s ORDI issues, but BT are only responsible for BT customers,  so in your case , until you become a BT customer , BT have no authority to correct the Openreach records for your address, what your experience shows though it that it’s still possible to order with a new company irrespective of the less than perfect Openreach records.

Once you are signed up to BT , you can get an ORDI request actioned, then should you in the future be in the position of changing provider again , the OR records won’t be an issue. 

It’s clear from some similar posts , that ( for example ) a customer of Company A , wanting to move to Company B, hit an ORDI snag, the consumer is advised by company A or B to contact BT to get the records corrected, BT quite rightly advise the caller in these cases , that their journey from Company A to B has nothing to do with BT.

JJRAMS3Y
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 15

Thanks for the reply. I am just following the advice given by Openreach. My current ISP have not been much help tbh there CS is rather appualing. 

As I said in my previous post/update I will wait until my service goes live with BT. I am not implying BT sort out everyone's ORDI requests for them in fact I have never heard or had this problem ever before in switching ISPs in past 13 years this is a 1st.

The broadband speed issue is only and issue when ordering Fibre broadband with BT all other ISPs are fine with there speed offerings regardless of any Address issues that's why I sought BTs help and assistance on this matter.

I do find that the community forums are best way for advice and help and resolving issues so kudos to all involved. Thanks for all the help and input it is most appreciated.

0 Ratings
JJRAMS3Y
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 15

Another update. My current ISP has submitted the ORDI request on my behalf. I have been advised by  Royal Mail that my Home Address is correct but the Openreach Exchange Address needs updated as it still has County in Address line Royal Mail have confirmed these were removed from Addresses. So hopefully once this Address mismatch has been Addressed (sorry for the pun) then things will be a little clearer in the future. Thanks again for everyone's input and suggestions.

0 Ratings