cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dudlei
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 11

BT has wrong postcode associated with my number

I'm currently unable to order BT infinity as the wrong postcode is associated with my number. Although any letters from BT have the correct postcode I can't progress through MYBT because there is a mismatch of phone number/ postcode. I've rang several times to try to sort it but cant get anywhere. Openreach have installed fibre down my road but I can't order it. Please could someone contact me to sort it out.

thanks so much

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: BT has wrong postcode associated with my number

Hi @Dudlei and welcome.

I'm sorry you're having problems with the postcode. Do the details match on the royal mail site?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Dudlei
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 11

Hi David yes it's correct on Royal Mail, council tax bill and everything else and also on correspondence from BT but it's wrong when I go onto Mybt to order and it asks for phone number and postcode. It then rejects saying phone number and postcode mismatch. Our postcode is really SY22 6TW but for some reason it has SY22 6XS

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

Thanks for getting back @Dudlei.

I'm sure I can sort this for you. Can you please drop me over an email with the details? You'll get the contact the moderators link in my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

Hi @Dudlei

I tried calling you back this evening and I left a message on your home number.

The reason for my call was to let you know that I have picked up your case this evening.  It's going to take me a few days to get the address details updated.  Whenever they're updated, I'll come back to you to let you know Smiley Happy

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Dudlei
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 11

Wow thanks Robbie I picked up your message thanks so much I've been trying to get this sorted on and off for years lol. Fibre is being installed down our rural road and I want to order but I can't as the system thinks we are located elsewhere. Brilliant to get someone who is as proactive as yourself

many thanks again

Ian

0 Ratings
Dudlei
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 11

Hi Robbie any progress please I just tried again to order fibre but it still says phone number/ postcode mismatch

thanks

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

Hi @Dudlei,

Thanks for posting. @RobbieMac is out of the office today but is due to pick up again tomorrow and will be in touch as soon as there are any updates.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Dudlei
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 11

Hi Robbie sorry I missed your call I think you fixed the postcode but there is still something wrong. MyBT says fibre is not available for my number but if I put in the address of my neighbours each side they can order ok.

i went on openreach and if I put in my number **Edited** it says not even in scope phase but my postcode SY226TW is accepting orders. There is something seriously wrong somewhere as the fibre dp is just across from me 

please can you help again as I really need fibre speeds

thanks Ian

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

Hi @Dudlei

Thanks for getting back to me to let me know that.

Leave this with me and I will come back to you again next week.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings