cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beammeup
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

BT have canceĺled my package and I know nothing about it.

Seems a reoccurring problem with BT. I am only 6 months into a new contract and yet I have found out a 3rd party have supposedly been given permission by me to take over the line. I know nothing about this. I havent spoke to anyone, never even considered it. Unfortunately i am overseas on a 3 week holiday so have had to rely on the online help which is probably a misrepresentation of the word help. The first person promised me that my cancellation hadnbeen cancelled and not to worry and that it is all sorted.  And then I get a bill for £313 early cancellation today. Clearly 1st operator did not tell the truth that the cancellation was reversed.

Todays operator was as much use as a chocolate fireguard.  

What has gone wrong with BT?  I cant believe they can just cancel acontract without notification or written consent from the customer and then have the audacity to present a huge invoice for something thatmhas not been authorised or approved by the customer.  And as for help line........

I am going to return from my holiday to no Broadband, Landline etc and a legal battle as I am certainly not going to pay for this cancellation charge for something I have not cancelled.

Thanks for putting a damper on my holiday BT

And no one can tell me who this 3rd party is either. Bizarre 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Zombie
Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT have canceĺled my package and I know nothing about it.

I believe the term is you have been "slammed" when a rogue company move services without your permission. In fairness to bt or any business gas, electric ect they just take the request that you are moving whatever services from them to a different provider. As thousands of people move services from one company to another everyday it's not unusual. 

I don't want to cause any panic whilst you are on holiday but most company's like to have the bank details so they can get paid. If you have access to your online bank account check to see if you have had any new direct debits added to your account that you don't know as it might also give you an idea of who is trying to take charge of your phone line. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 5

Welcome to the forum. I'm asking the moderators (BT staff) to look into this for you and they will post contact info here later this morning.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
Beammeup
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

I have no new direct debits set up. Regardless whether BT have had my account slammed I spent some considerable time last week with their online help team. I was assured repeatedly that this cancellation had been reversed and I have nothing to worry about.  This clearly did not happen and the process has progressed to a conclusion by the look of the final bill just presented.

This is what annoys me even more.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Hi @Beammeup and welcome.

I'm sorry there's been some confusion with the account. If you've received the final bill then the account will have been ceased. I'll be happy to lend a hand with this if you wish. Just drop me over an email with your details. You'll get the contact the moderators link in my profile. We're very busy at present so it's taking longer than expected to reply but once you submit the details we'll get to you in turn.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings