cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rebecca_riots
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

BT incapable of delivery to correct address yet again... useless administration.

Go to solution

I have just ordered BT Infinity, but already regretting it as it appears BT are incapable of even delivering the new HUB to the right address. Odd, as they get my bills delivered. It has taken TWO phone calls, in all about a total of 40 plus minutes plus about 20+ minutes waiting time to get through to the help desk. .
The story is this - Hub 4 went to the wrong address in the area where I live when I first got broadband ages ago. OK its Wales and the address is too hard poor things for BT to cope with. Fortunately the postman knows everyone and brought it to the right address. That was a long time ago, today I get an email saying that HUB 5 is going to the same WRONG address... 
A] I made it clear to the woman taking the order in the first instance what my address was, so WHY use the wrong address yet again.
B] then having spent ages on the phone explaining that the WRONG address was going to be used the helper then couldn't cope with the Welsh name of the house, Welsh name for the little settlement, and the Welsh name of the village and the Welsh name of the town. Then the helper got upset because my cottage does not have a number and wanted to call it number 4 - so I said that there is already a number 4 and it is NOT me.  Any way, it appeared to be in order and we rang off.
C] Then TWO emails appeared saying that my billing addres had been altered (nothing previously wrong with my billing address) so I rang back at once... same long wait, same difficulty with the address, and not confirmed at all this time.  If BT cannot cope with basic administration why should we trust them with electronic matters. PATHETIC...

What is the name of the chief person in BT so I can swamp him or her with complaints. They are all smooth help and smiles when placing an order, but basic instructions clearly USELESS.

For goodness sake, my phone bill and broadband bill come to the right address - so why change to some strange address never mentioned. I also pointed out that myself, my mother and my grandmother had all consecutively lived at this address for around a hundred years, so I was fairly positive I actually knew the address and where it was.

ONLINE email COMPLAINT
Not possible - there is no way to write via the tracking system of what should be a simple matter - ie change the delivery address... so be aware folks, BT are totally hidebound and incapable of flexible thinking in their administration apparently. Elsewhere on this forum others have made the same comment.

End result... I am still not sure where this wretched hub is going to be delivered.  WHAT TO DO... any helpful suggestions gratefully received.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT incapable of delivery to correct address yet again... useless administration.

Go to solution

Hi @rebecca_riots

Welcome back to the forum and thanks for your post!

I'm really sorry for the confusion (with us) about your address details.  Send over your details and we'll help sort things out from here.  

Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link on the left hand side underneath my profile picture.

Cheers,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
rebecca_riots
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

My wrong delivery address CONTINUED, now they have the wrong date...

Go to solution

Thanks to RobbieMac I just had a successful solution to my earlier complaint https://community.bt.com/t5/Bills-Packages/BT-incapable-of-delivery-to-correct-address-yet-again-use... - THEN I noticed that in the email correcting the delivery address a new delivery date was entered, ie TODAY... are the planets in an unfriendly conjunction today, or what - I have sent another complaint via the route recommended.
enquiry reference number: Edited by mod
previous reference number Edited by mod

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Re: My wrong delivery address CONTINUED, now they have the wrong date...

Go to solution

@rebecca_riots thanks for that, I can see your emails are in our queue and we'll be in touch in the next day or two.  

Cheers

Neil

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings