cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
spackhead
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

BT infinity free upgrade letter saying contract would stay same...

Go to solution

...small print in confirmation email says different

I kept being sent the mailers stating I could change my BT Broadband to BT Infinity and everything would stay the same as my original contract and price, with just the advantage of a speed increase.

Now I have been on BT Broadband since it started many years ago and currently am on Option 3 which is giving me 20 meg speed with completely unlimited download/upload

I have just been sent the confirmation email saying I will be going to 80 meg down and 19 meg up and router is on way etc etc.

However at the end of this email its says

Your broadband usage

You can use up to 10GB each month. You'd need to download about 15 movies or 2,500 songs or 10,000 photos to use up 10GB. If you go over this, you'll need to pay for extra usage in units of 5GB at £5.60 each.

Now that is quite cleary not the same as my current deal

Have I been lied too about this and how do I get it corrected ?(or if it is capped how do I stop this order and retain the current deal I have which to be perfectly honest I have been happy with). I had a feeling in my water that I should not have upgraded and now seeing this has made me realise why.  I would be very grateful if a mod could let me give them my details so this can be sorted now before its too late

The email states its BT Infinity 2 Unlimited, then the section marked broadband usage has the cap notice in.

Cheers

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT infinity free upgrade letter saying contract would stay same...

Go to solution

enter your phone number and see what the estimate is for your line  remember to delete your number before posting  https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
spackhead
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

and what has that got to do with a potential change in download cap?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution
It will show if you really have an estimate of 80 mb or whether it is a standard circular. If you are concerned then phone the options team and if not happy then just stay as you are with a very good adsl connection 0800800030

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
spackhead
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

my issue is to do with a change in cap from unlimited to 10gig and nothing to do with speed

When a MOD has a chance if they could read my op and then let me send them the details I would be grateful

0 Ratings
spackhead
Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Have spoken to call centre and they assure me the deal is as promised with unlimited

Apparently the Free upgrade to existing contract throws this anomoly  up

Will close this off for now then

0 Ratings