cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adrianwood
Message 1 of 6

BT infinity order severely delayed without date for completion

Hi, on August 8th 2015 BT took my order and one year up front payment for BT infinity service to my home in Langham, Oakham. LE15 post code area. The BT website said infinity was available for my address. Order ******* was promised for delivery by August 28th, and then September 11th, and then my order went into a black hole with no new activation date promised.

Now October 19th 2015, I still do not a have a solution delivery date.

Every week I have to contact BT to receive an update on my order. So far the reason for the delay toggles between no availability in the DSLAM hub and a fault with Outreach.

Every week I am told I will receive another update in one weeks time. I have requested copper broadband while I am waiting and BT say that until this order is cancelled by me or BT then I cannot get the basic service either. The house has a BT phone line working.

The order tracking website today reports service delivery to be September 11th ! A joke perhaps?

BT contact center in India tell me there is no need to contact BT again as they will contact me in one week. They seem more Interseted and beg me to give a nice reply to the telephone survey.

does anyone have ideas how to push this along, how to speak to someone in BT in UK that can really help with my order or tell me realistically if I will get connected or not?

regards, Adrian

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT infinity order severely delayed without date for completion

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Hi adrianwood,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the forum I'm really sorry to hear of the problems that you have had with your order.

Your best bet would be to contact our order team and allow them the chance to put things right. I will drop you a private message now which will include the link to our order team whereby you can online chat with them. This order team is based in the UK and will own your complaint until everything is sorted out.

Should you have any further problems after speaking with this team please let us know.

Neil

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6
Moved:

0 Ratings
adrianwood
Message 5 of 6

Thank you. Someone did contact me. They promised to provide an update today as well as investigate a deadlock letter. BT did telephone me, so I had to call them. The status has not changed. The DSLAM cabinet does not have enough ports despite BT accepting my order.  I even received an email from BT saying infinity is available in this area for another property i own. So BT is knowingly communicating when they cannot provide the service.

a manager is to contact me tomorrow apparently.

all I can do is take this to Trading Standards and OFCOM, unless anyone suggest otherwise?

regards

0 Ratings
jmenziessmith
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 6

ive had the exact same issue as you, bt disconnected me from sky and are still unable to install infinity because of no space in the exchange. im also writing to ofcom
0 Ratings