cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
MrP
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 8

BT not charged for landline calls to mobile this month?

I have "BT Anytime Calls", which includes "free" calls to other landlines. Calls to mobile have always been charged extra (and rather expensive I must say).

However, this month I don't appear to have been charged for calling mobile numbers either? I only made 5 calls to mobile numbers (from landline), totalling less than 15 minutes. In past months I have been charged for these type of calls. This month the bill simply shows £0.000

This is great, at last mobile numbers are included! However, I can't find anything to suggest that this has changed. All documents online suggest mobile numbers are billed and are not inclusive of the "BT Anytime Calls" package(s).

So, what's the explanation?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES
Message 2 of 8

Re: BT not charged for landline calls to mobile this month?

Hi @MrP  Mobile calls are still chargeable on the Unlimited Anytime Calls package. 

It may be that the calls to mobiles you made were made to BT Mobiles. Customers who have, or order Unlimited Anytime Calls (UAC) will be able to use their home phone to make 1000 free minutes to BT Mobile excluding BT Business Mobile.

Cheers
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
MrP
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 8

@JohnC2wrote:

... Customers who have, or order Unlimited Anytime Calls (UAC) will be able to use their home phone to make 1000 free minutes to BT Mobile excluding BT Business Mobile. 

Ah, that's interesting, I did not know that. But where is that actually documented? No mention of calls to "BT Mobiles" is mention on the "Unlimited Anytime Calls" page you link to, or anywhere that I can find?

However, I know that one of the calls on my bill is to an O2 number and another is on EE - yet both of these are billed as £0.000. Although EE appears to be owned by BT these days, is EE considered "BT Mobile"?

0 Ratings
conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 8

@MrP See this phone tariff pdf- info is  under UK Calling Plans & Popular Call Prices    http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/assets/pdf/BT_PhoneTariff_Residential.pdf

Message 5 of 8

Hi @MrP thanks for posting back and I've highlighted this information is missing from that link so that it may get updated. Questions about free calls to BT Mobiles with Unlimited Anytime Calls does explain the calls to BT Mobile from your landline on the Anytime Calls and answers your question about EE.

I'm afraid that if the calls were not to BT Mobiles then I can't explain why you have not been charged unless there has been a fault with the billing information for some networks.

Cheers
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
MrP
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 8

@JohnC2wrote:

Hi @MrP thanks for posting back and I've highlighted this information is missing from that link so that it may get updated. Questions about free calls to BT Mobiles with Unlimited Anytime Calls does explain the calls to BT Mobile ....

Thank you both for the additional information.

On looking at the "BT Consumer Price Guide" PDF (linked to above) it would seem the 7.5p/min price stated on the above webpage is now out of date? The PDF states that it's 8.5p/min ("Effective from 20th July 2018") to call mobiles on the "Unlimited Anytime Calls" plan (plus a 22p set up fee!). Or have I misinterpreted the figures?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Hi @MrP

Thanks for posting back.

Well spotted!  I have raised this to be updated and I really appreciate your taking the time to let us know Smiley Happy

Cheers,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
MrP
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 8

@MrPwrote:

... this month I don't appear to have been charged for calling mobile numbers either? I only made 5 calls to mobile numbers (from landline), totalling less than 15 minutes. In past months I have been charged for these type of calls. This month the bill simply shows £0.000

Well, one month on and my next bill arrives... and this month I have been charged (as would be expected), for calling the very same phone numbers! So, not sure what happened last month?!

However, having now done some research into the phone charges, I can see that the costs are actually slightly more than I expected?! For example, for anything less than a 1 minute call (shortest being just 13 seconds) I am charged 39p. This is more than the expected 8.5p/min + 22p setup fee (which would total 30.5p). 39p is consistent with having been billed for a 2 minute call?! (I don't recall seeing anything with regards to minimum call time?) I also have a call for 4:22 which is billed at 68p - using the above formula this should be 64.5p!? And I have another call for 7:45 (to the same number) and I'm billed £1.52!? I would have expected this to have been nearer 8.5*8 + 22 = 90p!!? That is way out - and is as if I'm being charged exponentially for the call!?

Why should there be any ambiguity at all, unless the reported charges are actually incorrect??

0 Ratings