cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dcpaola72
Message 11 of 50

Warning Message Never receaved

I just want to share my experience with other BT users. I'm on Option 2, meaning 40GB limit per month. 

For 2 months I went over my allowance (Nov and now). Back in November, I complained with BT technical team because I didn't receive any warning email on my gmail account (please note I did also have problem with login into My BT). 

The team rep said it was my fault - probably the warning message was directed into my spam folder and went lost.

Hence, from then I have started monitoring my usage via my BT. Yesterday, on My BT screen, I red a text saying that a warning message was sent that day to both  @btinternet (never used) and gmail account.

Of course, no warning message was ever sent into my gmail account, so I called yesterday the tech, today the billing team. 1 hours to tell me the same old story, until my call was moved again to a tech rep. 

Then, this guy entered my system using GoToAssist, checked my computer - reset @btinternet login, and ... confirmed I have never got this warning in either accounts - the 25th I did receive only a mail from BT but just a billing one. 

Then my call was moved again to a billing/sales rep who tried to upselling a higher package - with me repeating I got issues with your warning message why should I pay for other 12/18 months for a contract when I'm going on rolling and in 18 months I went over just a couple of time? End of the story? I was accused of having deliberatly deleted the warning messages. I'm still waiting for his manager to call back, in the meantime I'm looking for another provider I can trust.  

0 Ratings
sandy4268
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 50

Re: Warning Message Never receaved

It does seem that BT are happy to call their customers liars despite all on this forum sharing the same problem. Surely if they addressed the obvious problen it would stop the complaints and keep more customers.

The bigger they are the harder they fall (as will the share price).

0 Ratings
MonicaJ
Contributor
Message 13 of 50

Re: Warning Message Never received

Messages missing again for me this month. Option 1 (10Gb), BT Usage Monitor says 7Gb warning sent 23/1/13 to 2 accounts. I'd never used (or asked for) the 'btinternet.com' one. I've now worked out how to logonto that.... and guess what the ones missing from hotmail never delivered there either. (and no they're not in spam folder, or forwarded elsewhere and no I've not deleted them). So please believe us, something has definitely gone wrong with the BT system on these occasions. I really hope we can get this sorted out so it will work in the future.

0 Ratings
DavebyC
Contributor
Message 14 of 50

Re: BT not sending usage warning emails

Many of us are having this problem. Please fill in a few details as requested by StuartH - (post above yours) who is a Moderator - he is trying to get someone to look into this for us.
0 Ratings
DavebyC
Contributor
Message 15 of 50

Even checking on the Usage Monitor doesn't help! .... Mine is still showing total as at 23.59 on 26/01/2013 ... one day late.  As one gets to the end of the month it's more and more important that monitor is updated correctly.

I often don't download much at the end of the month because I'm scared of going over my allowance.  Unfortunately, doing this, sometimes I can lose 1Gb (10%) of usage which I can't carry over.  However, If I do go OVER by the slightest amount I get a £5 penalty!

Effectively I can lose 2 days of my allowance every month because of the 1 day behind usage monitor.  I should be allowed to carry any over usage equal to 1/15th of the monthly allowance with out penalty. I think it would be fair to carry any under usage to the following month.

0 Ratings
Suckered
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 50

Have a similar post that someone kindly linked to this thread. Lots of unhappy customers.

What was the outcome of the moderator review please?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
DavebyC
Contributor
Message 17 of 50

The moderator has forwarded the complaint.

Hopefully there will be an answer AND a fix within a week.  I will post again if I have any up-to-date information.

0 Ratings
scotty80
Beginner
Message 18 of 50

Same here - I have gone over my allowance by 7gb and not received one email.

0 Ratings
Suckered
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 50

"A fix", so problem confirmed there is a problem affecting customers? How are they communicating this to complaints teams to ensure the process resolves financial loss? 

I am patiently awaiting a deadlock letter so I can go through the AdR process and share my experience very publically with TV and press. Unfortunately this doesn't look like a priority for BT to write and send. There seems to be a sizeable customer base with the same problems.

0 Ratings
murielbond
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 50

I too have had the same problem. 

Told in December and January (underneath the usage monitor) about reminder emails being sent but none being received, although I did receive an email in January stating that I had gone over my usage (weird how that one found both mine and my husbands in box!!!). 

I was told on 16th January by email that I went over my usage allowance on 29th December, but funny how I wasn't (and nobody else) at home and hadn't been since 28th December.  Something is seriously wrong both with the usage monitor and the emails telling us we have used 80%.  For over 12 months, our average usage has been around  5GB.  how come all of a sudden we are using nearer 10GB and haven't changed the way we use the internet. I seem to get a lot of calls asking me to upgrade my internet, Is this a ploy??

0 Ratings