cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DavebyC
Contributor
Message 21 of 50

Re: BT not sending usage warning emails

@murielbond :   have had confirmation from BT that the problem of not getting email warnings at 70of my 10Gb is being researched by technical staff memberAs for the Usage Monitor - suggestions for replacement/improvement are being collected on another forum thread devoted to discussions on the fact that the monitor is often out of date or unavailable.

In the past, I too have had an email from Accounts telling me I would be surcharged for going over my 10Gb but had not received any warning emails at 7Gb.  Another time, I received an email saying my BT bill was available for download but had not received any usage warning - that time, fortunately, I was still within my usage allowance.

If you have a complaint about being surcharged when you didn't get a warning email about usage then complain - as I have done in the past using 'online chat' on the MyBT pages.  I have received a credit to my phone bill after arguing my case: although reading some posts it seems some users have been accused of lying.

As for the calls asking you to upgrade - I don't receive any.  If they call again tell the call centre to remove you from their 'marketing list' and you shouldn't receive any more such calls.

0 Ratings
GiveMeFive
Contributor
Message 22 of 50

I'm not receiving the warning emails when I exceed 32GB of my monthy 40GB allowance despite myBT informing me that emails have been sent.  This problem is the same for my at btinternet.com and at hotmail.com with neither receiving the emails sent in December nor in January.

Interestingly I did receive the email from December when I actually exceeded the allowance by just 1GB but the email wasn't sent until 16th January and I question the delay.

I always received the emails promptly when I was on the 10GB tariff a year ago, and the problem appears since switching to the larger usage.

0 Ratings
MonicaJ
Contributor
Message 23 of 50

This was being looked into for us by BT... does anyone know how far BT have got investigating this? 

I would feel more reassured knowing if a problem has been traced and fixed, or even knowing it is still being investigated. 

I now try to check the usage monitor everyday,  so I should see if February emails are not actually sent, but it seems unfair on other customers who will get hit by additional charges without realising they have got near their limit.   

0 Ratings
conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 24 of 50

I came close to my January limit but only recently noticed this on the revamped MyBT page for usage

Your latest updates

28/01/2013  

Total usage is now over 7GB. Advisory email sent to xxxxxxxx@btinternet.com and xxxxxxxx@hotmail.co.uk

I only scrolled the page down to check the cumulative usage and it was by accident that I scrolled a bit further to be confronted by this message.

Needless to say I have never received any email - both accounts are checked daily by me.

0 Ratings
MrX911
Contributor
Message 25 of 50

Same issue.

New customer, was assured that I would receive emails to warn me but nothing, even though my account says warning emails have been sent to my  BT Yahoo account but nothing! Bad and misleading from BT as it is obviously happeing to a lot of people.

0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 26 of 50

Hello,

Can you send us your details and we'll check this for you?

You can get our contact link by clicking on my username.

Thanks,

Stephanie
0 Ratings
peterwt
Aspiring Expert
Message 27 of 50

Same problem here. It's a long time since the warning email got to me and even then it went into the spam folder - great BT treating emails they send as spam!!

There is obviously a problem with the system which surely should have been sorted out by now - or is it a ruse to get extra income from over usage?

Peter
0 Ratings
DavebyC
Contributor
Message 28 of 50

On 29th January received this message from a "BT.COM Incident DeskBT" employee that presume is in India. 

"We have logged this incident under reference number stated in the subject line. Please use this reference number for all future communication regarding the issue.

This issue is now being investigated by our technical team. we will keep you updated about the progress of the issue.

Thanks for your time in this matter and we apologize for any inconvenience that may have caused to you."

BT appears to have taken a very cavalier attitude to many complaints about these warning emails. The MyBT Usage Monitor is now updated at lunch time and so the figure indicated is one and a half days out-of-date.  For a high tech company, that I presume BT aspires to be , this is just not good enough.

I have both an official Incident Number and the name of the software engineer who is supposed to be sorting this problem out.  I was hoping for a quick response that the "Lack of Warning Email Problem" was being looked into.  I will wait to see what happens when my Usage Monitor reaches 70% (assuming it is working at the time!) and will report back to this Forum and to the BT Board.  I will also keep monitoring posts to this thread.

0 Ratings
aht
Beginner
Message 29 of 50

I have the same problem:  No warning emails sent PLUS I would dispute the usage stated by BT.  I have sent you my account details

I'm an ex Plusnet customer and prior to that TalkTalk with whom my usage only once in 5 years exceeded 40GB.  Since joining BT INfinity Option 1, I'm told I have exceeded 40GB in the past two months yet I know my usage has been light compared to the past.  Current month usage as at 17th Feb, and which I consider no different from my norm, is 7.68GB so exceeding 40GB is going to be difficult.

Secondly,  I find it frustrating not to be able to access any previous months' usage figures to verify what I am being charged with.

0 Ratings
sandy4268
Aspiring Contributor
Message 30 of 50

I instigated a complaint about this on 23rd January and am still waiting for a resolution. 

No e-mails and improbable usage (which apparently I cannot dispute - I have to accept BTs word).

I'm sick of BT treating CUSTOMERS like CRIMINALS.

0 Ratings