Glad to hear that Peter!
I received the following from the BT Incident Desk last week .....
As per the investigation we have found the issue at our end and hence fixed the same.
We request you to check and confirm if the issue is resolved so that we can close the incident.
Thank you for your time in this matter and we apologize for any inconvenience that may have been caused to you.
..... and was waiting for my usage to reach 70% to see if this was the case.
My usage has not been great so far - so I will have to ensure that I at least reach the 70% trigger before the month end.
Has anyone else found that they are now receiving warning emails? Please report back
Good news Lynne - it seems that the problem may be fixed AT LAST!
It took quite a lot of pressure to get this problem elevated from the "Incident Desk" in New Delhi to software engineers who would actually do something rather than just log a customer complaint.
As for not being believed, I had that problem on several occasions. I did manage to get a refund of a £5 fine but it took quite a lot of persuasion.
As BT recently stated in an email .... "We request you to check and confirm if the issue is resolved so that we can close the incident." then it seems to me that they confirm that there was indeed an issue.
I feel that BT should be now checking in their records and doing the honourable thing - - reimbursing those of their customers who did not receive warning emails and were charged for going over their monthly usage.
I am trying to ramp-up my usage so that I go over 70% before the month end so I can close my dialogue with the Incident Desk.
Anyone else out there now surprised and grateful to be getting warning emails??? - Please post
I have posted my own thread but i have had my warning and charge notification emails (3 in total) sent to the wrong person. Despite the fact the warning and charge emails were sent to the wrong person they manage to send the bill notifications (the bit where they ask for the money) to my registred email address (the right place).
@NoX81 Funny that ... I always receive two emails that say my billing is available on line too! However I have now gone past 70% and still no email about that yet.
As for sending notifications to the wrong addresses - when I first transferred to BT, many years ago, BT kept sending emails to my old Compuserve address rather than my new BT ones!
This is now the second month I have exceeded 7gb and still no emails received despite my latest updates stating they have been sent - nothing in junk or spam boxes
Have now received 2 emails at 18:47 so it appears to be working albeit slowly
It's now 14.30 on 30th March and my Monitor shows my usage as at 23.59 on 29th as being 8.22 GB - However low in the page it does not claim to have sent a warning email ...... which is true.... as no 'over 70% usage' email has been received!
All my emailing and BT's claim that the problem has been researched and the software problem fixed is to no avail. So thank you BT.
Perhaps the updating of everyone's Usage Indicator and the sending of Update Emails is not implemented by software, as we all assume, but is done by a roomful of poorly paid humans working in India!
Dave it looks like this is a different problem as previously it showed on your account that an email had been sent when you reached 70% usage. Now it appears that the 705 usage is not being detected so you would not receive an email. As I said in a previous posting I received an email this month for the first time after a long period on it stating an email had been sent but I did not receive it.
It does increasingly look as though this it all done manually!!
Yes, Peter, it does look like it is all manual! Perhaps a room full of BT elves in a building in New Delhi?
My Usage Monitor page eventually claimed it had sent a warning email on 30th March and by that time the usage was indicating 8.22 GB as of 23.59 on 29th March.
Amazingly a warning email arrived in my in box on 31 March at 22.02 ..... so much for electronic communications!
It seems that this will soon be academic as, having removed the 40Gb/per month option for new subscribers, I don't think it will be long before the 10 GB, Option 1, is pensioned off too: with that being replaced with a single option for all none fibre optic connections.
Well. as per my post of 26 Feb ,I have been keeping a log of my usage by recording every other day or so, my broadband usage according to "My BT" and that recorded by my Hub 3, and I have to be honest but I have found no significant differences. I have not been able to get a direct comparison for a full billing month as my Hub 3 seems to reset periodically which means I lose some data. I can't say why this happens, whether it is power drops my end or remote resets by BT.
As promised, my BT Customer Care lady did phone me back for the results of my monitoring and although I could produce no evidence of error, she has refunded the excess usage charge.
What I do find significant is that for the duration of my monitoring, my usage has returned to what I would expect and not above 10Gb, after BT telling me I had exceeded my 40 Gb limit on two occasions, so maybe there was something wrong with the usage monitor which has now been fixed.
I can't say whether the 75% usage threshhold warning email issue has been fixed as I am nowhere near this point.
If anyone in BT is listening, I do find it frustrating that only the current month's usage is available such that when the excess charges appeared on my bill, I was unable to verify this as no usage history was available. When I was with Talk Talk they would provide a nice week by week histogram of the previous 3 months' usage. Service may have been poor, but their billing was very good.
I will continue to keep a usage check, just in case.