Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
xSpirit
Contributor
Message 1 of 11

BT order reference numbers

Go to solution

Hello good people from BT,

Once again I seek your help here after attempting to solve my issue via online chat team and later over the phone (both proved to be mostly useless in the last 10 years of my experience).

I placed a new order for BT this April and I was eligible for some cashback through one of the most popular cashback website. Unfortunately, cashback support team sent me this:

We have recently been provided with a resolution to your claim, and I'm sorry to say that the merchant has taken the decision to decline your claim on this occasion.
The reason that has been supplied for this in helping to clarify states that your 'Transaction cannot be traced'.This does suggest that the merchant has been unable to locate your queried transaction based upon the information that you have provided as your main order number for this claim, and as such, has had to decline your claim and cashback.
Can you please confirm your AJM or BTC reference?

Now real saga begins trying to find those reference numbers... Online chat team directed me to phone support, and phone support would only give me VOL reference number which cashback website will not accept and demand AJM/BTC.

I really hope someone here can come to the rescue once again 🙂

Many thanks,

T.G.

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Guru
Message 2 of 11

Re: BT order reference numbers

Go to solution

Hi, these are normally included on the email confirmation or you could try under “track my order” in MY BT.

Stew

0 Ratings
xSpirit
Contributor
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

Track My Order only shows VOL and AGT reference numbers, while cashback team wants AJM or BTC. How many numbers there has to be for one single order? 😄

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

Hmmm...I have several orders, some do have the BTC number. Have you tried looking at the full order to see if it’s within the details? How about the email confirmation?

I can’t see why CS staff couldn’t provide any one of these numbers.....no wait, this is BT CS!

Stew

0 Ratings
xSpirit
Contributor
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

Unfortunately, no AJM/BTC numbers anywhere...

When I spoke to CS they told me that VOL number will definately be sufficient for tracking my order, no matter how many times I've tried to explain that it's not what cashback website is asking for, then I wrote to cashback website again but they rejected it, demanding AJM or BTC...

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @xSpirit An order for cashback will have an order ref starting AJM or BTC if it has tracked successfully.

We will be happy to check your order to see if it tracked ok if you send us your details. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.

Thanks
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

@xSpirit thanks for sending in your details, sorry I missed you when I called there.

I need to double-check a couple of details before I can get this investigated further, please can you reply back to my text when you get a minute and I'll take it from there.

Thanks

Community ModeratorStephanie
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
xSpirit
Contributor
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

Hello @StephanieG, thank you ever so much for taking my case, this forum is A+ customer support level and a real nerves saver when you compare the support BT offers over the phone.

I'm available all day today and tomorrow if you still need to contact me on my mobile.

Hope you have a good start of a week.

Regards,

Tadas G.

0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @xSpirit I have some good news 🙂

Your cashback has been authorised and will be with you within 30 days. Please get back to us when you get it 🙂

Thanks

Community ModeratorStephanie
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
xSpirit
Contributor
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

@StephanieGAll sorted now. Thank you very, very much! Top service from BT Community forums once again.

0 Ratings