Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
OrwellWasRight
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

BT owe me £200 - customer service is a joke

Just feel compelled to write about my experince with BT - I really can't believe the farce i've entered into since siging up with them.

BT owe me £200 when I made an advance payment on signing up.
The account was cancelled before it even got going due to BT's mistakes with transferring my existing phone number from Virgin. BT were requesting the phone number from another telecommunications company...not Virgin! So they kept telling me the number could not be transferred even though Virgin were telling me there was no problem.
(There were many other problems in the setting up stage but too many to recount here).
Since the cancellation on 11th October 2013 I have spoken to over 9 different people each telling me I would receive the refund with 3 - 5 days. I have just spoken to someone else who told me the refund would be actioned today and I would receive it within 7 days. I'm at a loss. The incompetence leaves me speechless.
Each time I am told the same thing with no explanation as to why I've been told on numerous occasions that the refund was already underway.
They will not call me back because apparently they can't do that! They couldn't see the irony in this statement!
I will write to BT in the hope that i can get my money back but I'm not holding out any hope. It would appear that people working for BT have a script to work from and in no way can they express an interest or any kind of care on a personable or understanding level.
It seems we cannot go and see anybody in person or speak with anyone in managerial positions.
So I will send a letter and will follow up here with any progress.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT owe me £200 - customer service is a joke

The forum mods will reply to you here and give you their link when they read your post
Please do not send them a PM as this is not the correct contact method and this may delay any reply from them as they may not be back on shift for some time

The forum mods normally replywithin3/5 working days after you have contacted them. Personally to you by email or phone

mod contact.JPG

0 Ratings
Moderator-Retired
Message 3 of 4

Hi OrwellWasRight

I'll be happy to find out whats going on with this and give you a call back to get it all cleared up.

Could you drop me in an email please? Use the 'contact us' form in my forum profile under the 'about me' section. You can find it by clicking on my username.

Thx

Craig

BTCare Community Mod

If we have asked you to email us with your details, please make sure you are logged in to the forum, otherwise you will not be able to see our ‘Contact Us’ link within our profiles.

We are sorry but we are unable to deal with service/account queries via the private message(PM) function so please don't PM your account info, we need to deal with this via our email account :-)”
td-p/30">Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
OrwellWasRight
Beginner
Message 4 of 4

Well the update is that after one of the mods on here got in touch i have now been paid - 45 days after i was promised it would be 3 - 5 days - and after being told that by 7 or more people at BT.

What is quite astounding is that i was not offered compensation. I would only receive a 'gesture of goodwill' if i was staying with BT.

Would a small company get away with that? I doubt it very much.

It would appear that the more profitable the company the less likely you are to receive any kind of recompence for their continued **bleep**-ups and bad service.

0 Ratings