Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
KS1986
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

BT package incomplete but being charged for full package

Go to solution

I am at my wits end with calling BT as nothing is being done so posting in here in hopes that it escalates and gets dealt with asap.

Beginning of Jan took out a TV, Broadband and Phone package for activation on Jan 18 with delivery being made Jan 16. Highlighted that I will not be home so to deliver to relative's across the road. Jan 16 parcelforce say they delivered to my home address but no card left or indication of delivery. Called BT and was informed that they may have used my bin as a "safe place" though Wednesday is collection day, highlighted to them that they should have not delivered to my home address but to across the road and BT apologised as they could see this on system and somehow it was overlooked. Was told engineers have spares so dont worry even though I insisted they contact engineer to ensure this.

Fri 18 engineer has no spares and just connects infinity box ad instructs me on connecting hub. Contact BT again and am told everything will arrive Monday 21 Jan. Vision + box arrives but there are no powerline adaptors as requested and still no hub so items are useless. BT by now have generated a bill billing me from Jan 18 for all services even though I only have telephone, no internet and no BT Vision.

Contact BT again to complain and am told "okay we will amend bill so check it via the telephone system" and items will be with me for certain by end of week. Friday 25 comes still no items and bill is unchanged. Call again and am told we wont take full bill amount and charges will be deducted and reason for my items not being delivered are that they are  out of stock. I make a fuss as on at least 2 prior calls about equipment I was told I would have equipment shortly but if they are out of stock systems must indicate this so why was I lied to?? Not once but twice!

Gentleman says he will make a note on system and that I will not be charged the full amount of my January bill and that my February bill will not have additional charges for vision services until adaptors are received as he cannot tell  me when they are in stock. He cancels all prior orders made as he said they remain open untill all pieces of equipment are ready for despatch and he places a single order for a BT hub which is to arrive Mon 28 Jan and an open order for hubs.

Jan 28 Hub arrives and finally have internet. Still no powerline adaptors. Bill date approaches and BT take full amount despite being told on several occasions that bill would be amended as I never had internet for full period and am still without Vision+. Call again and now told - Feb bill will have refunds and no charges will be made for vision+ as can see order still open and I do not have service. Will have adaptors by end of week - Friday 8th Feb at latest.

Feb 13 - still no adaptors and Feb bill is again billing me for vision plus and an additional delivery charge - which I am not sure what for??? I seriously cannot be being billed a delivery charge for a hub that I should have received and if so BT are quick to charge me for that and the £12.50 for vision+ that I am not receiving. Why not as quick to rectify my problem?! I have spoken to staff both here in the UK and those abroad and everyone keeps giving me the run around - would like straight answers about my powerline adaptors and I want all the money incorrectly taken to be refunded to my account and not credited off my next bill as this should not have been taken and would like it to go back where it came from!!!

Help please!

Thanks

Krystal

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT package incomplete but being charged for full package

Go to solution

Hi Krystal and welcome

I suggest you contact the BT forum mod team using this link - https://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4951

It will be presented as an email to the team and you will get a ref number, keep a note of this number but don't post it on this thread.

They'll sort this out for you:)

Allow up to 72 hours for a reply.

Let us know how you get on.

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
0 Ratings
KS1986
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution
Will do.Thanks
0 Ratings
KS1986
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution
BT moderation did sort the problem or so I thought. Pro rata charges were reimbursed however have received my bill today and there is another additional £10 remote control charge dated 26 feb for where they have tried to complete an earlier order ( although on numerous occasions told all previous orders cancelled). Furthermore my order was complete 20 feb so no idea why another set of equipment sent out on feb 26 when order was completed feb 20 and I have returned said equipment.

Why is nothing ever easy?!
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

All I can suggest is that you reply to one of the forum mods emails and ask them to get this refunded too.

You may have to pay the £10 on this months bill, but it will be shown as a credit on your next bill - depends on your billing date.

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
0 Ratings