cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Johnsof75
Message 1 of 4

BT- poor broadband and customer service

My elderly father has a tv/phone/broadband package with BT. Unfortunately the broadband is so slow he can't get BT sport. We intended to finish the contract as he was paying a lot of money for services he wasn't receiving- BT said they would send an engineer out to look at the problems. They have now sent two engineers out, the problems remain (he can't get BT sport or a decent broadband speed- it seems to work for a bit and then stop?)  and my father has been charged £260 for the call out and ongoing costs for services he doesn't receive. We have raised complaints, emailed, phoned but just get past from department to department. My father is very ill and we could really do without this. Any advice? Thank you 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT- poor broadband and customer service

As BT have not resolved the problem and depending on what the enginer call out "fixed" you probably should not have been charged.

I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are a BT UK based team and if they can help they will reply via this thread asking you to contact them via a link. They are very busy at present so once you have replied to them by the link, it can take 48 hours for them to re-contact you.

0 Ratings
Johnsof75
Message 3 of 4

Thank you
0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 4 of 4

@Johnsof75 I'm very sorry to hear your father has been charged, and for the problems he's had with his service.

We can certainly look into this for you. I'm unable to comment on the charges incurred until we have his details, but we'll review the faults and the current service and see what we can do to help. 

Please click on my username to get to my profile page, and go to the "Click here to contact the mods" link to send in your father's details.

Community ModeratorStephanie
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings