Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
riverreveal
Aspiring Contributor
Message 171 of 373

Re: BT price changes April and August

Well further to my posts, the same BT advisor rang back this afternoon to get everything cancelled and have now had an email confirming the cancellation of my services for the 24/2/2017. Its good on her part she did that.

0 Ratings
new
Aspiring Expert
Message 172 of 373

Just received my price increase letter which had a link to an exclusive offer, nice, but the offer was for more than I am paying now, and more even after I take the increase into account. Customer options wouldn't budge.

0 Ratings
ndh1958
Message 173 of 373

Re: January bill missing

Has anybody got an email address for BT. all there help pages display everything but a direct email to contact them.

I want to find out if i can leave when they make there price increases comes into effect on 1st april without any penalty for doing so.

0 Ratings
ndh1958
Message 174 of 373

Has anybody got an email address to contact BT direct all there help pages are useless, i dony want to call yet. I am thinking of cancelling after price rises

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 175 of 373

Re: January bill missing

I would suspect that if you have not notified BT before the price rise comes into effect and in any effect within 30 days of receiving the notification about the price rise that you want to cancel it will be deemed that you have accepted the price rise.

Section of email notification about price rises.

"You don't need to do anything but if you want to change something or leave, and you're within your minimum contract term, you'll need to contact us within 30 days of receiving this email to avoid paying a charge for leaving early. You'll need to give us 30 days' notice to leave (or 14 days if you're switching to a new provider). We won't charge you for any increase in price during that time."

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 176 of 373

@ndh1958 wrote:

Has anybody got an email address to contact BT direct all there help pages are useless, i dony want to call yet. I am thinking of cancelling after price rises

No.  There is no email address for BT.  Call, write a letter or live chat - that's your choices.

0 Ratings
oldbluey
Contributor
Message 177 of 373

I have still not received my price rise letter, which is highly frustrating because I am desperate to leave BT. It's also rather worrying because I did not receive a letter or email at the time of the last increase. I assume I will have to hope they will accept a cancellation over the phone nearer to the end of this month.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 178 of 373

Check your spam box. That's where most BT emails end up! Yes they will accept the cancellation over the phone.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 179 of 373

I have had no notification either in fact I don't recall ever getting one and there is nothing in my spam folder either

BTLife | 1967 Plus Radio | 1000 Classical Hits
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Helpful Post?
If a post has been helpful, say thanks by clicking the ratings star.
0 Ratings
Message 180 of 373

Hi Guys,

I wanted to give you all a new update as of 10/02/2017 about ceasing line rental saver due to price changes.

If you decide to leave because of the Price Changes (letting us know within 30 days of receiving your price change notification) you will receive a refund of the remaining months of your LRS payment on your final bill. This will be done automatically in the background.

Thanks

DanielS