cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jaydog69
Contributor
Message 161 of 373

Re: BT price changes April and August

Just spoke to complaints on live chat and they said I wouldn't be charged for the hub and I don't need to send it back. They gave me a complaints reference number too, so I guess that more than covers me and confirms I won't be charged?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 162 of 373

Glad to hear you got it sorted. I'll advise the moderators.

Distinguished Guru
Message 163 of 373

You have been given a sorry run around by BT sometimes I am ashamed of the way they behave if I thought any other provider would be fairer and better I would leave. Are they all just as bad?

BTLife | 1967 Plus Radio | 1000 Classical Hits
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Helpful Post?
If a post has been helpful, say thanks by clicking the ratings star.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 164 of 373

Why should you be ashamed. Did you train them??

0 Ratings
kkkk
Aspiring Expert
Message 165 of 373

http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/products/lib/pdf/phonebroadbandterms.pdf

If you are leaving because of the price increase, you don't need to send the equipment back.

Look at sections 13b, 13d, 17b of the terms(link above).

0 Ratings
Malek9881
Message 166 of 373

My service started last month with an offer for £29.99 fixed for 12 months surely their breaking the contract trying to put a price increase on me?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 167 of 373

@Malek9881 wrote:
My service started last month with an offer for £29.99 fixed for 12 months surely their breaking the contract trying to put a price increase on me?

Yes, and that is why you can either accept the increase or cancel your contract.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 168 of 373

@Malek9881 wrote:

They are not breaking the contract because it is explicitly written into their terms that they can increase the price during the contract.

It's also written into the terms (and OFCOM rules, and consumer protection law) that if they decide to increase the price, you have a right to cancel the contract without penalty.

0 Ratings
riverreveal
Aspiring Contributor
Message 169 of 373

------------------------------- Quote Riverreveal post #111

I phoned this morning to cancel because of the price increase, told everything would be cancelled on the 3/3/2016, my broadband, phoneline, BT sports. Obviously after the phone call I thought everything was done. Did the same with my Sky services and thought it was odd that only Sky emailed confirming cancellation. Got back in touch with BT to find out if I should be emailed and was told that my phonecall earlier hadn't cancelled anything, I had to get in touch within 30 days of the phonecall to actually cancel! Despite, during the original phonecall:

Frequently asking to cancel EVERYTHING during the phone call, confirmed YES.
Explicitly asking if sports would be cancelled, confirmed YES.
Recieving dates of cancellation.
NEVER being told that I had to get back in touch to cancel anything further.

This was all recorded, I have listened to it back to make sure I wasnt dreaming.

I have now been told that my sports will be cancelled on the 27/2/17. I have had an Email confirming this and an open order has appeared on my account. I have been told that I will get confirmation from BT about my Broadband and landline when my new service provider get in touch with BT about migrating.

I dont understand why companies act like that, in a few years I could have been a potential customer again.

-------------------------------------------------------------

So after BT not getting in touch, I got back in touch with them. Today I was informed that the first person I spoke to had done everything correct, the 2nd, believing I was moving to Sky, despite myself telling them I was moving to Virgin, had cancelled everything the first person did and incorrectly not put my Broadband down for cancellation. The latest person has had to cancel the BT sports cancellation to put in a new cancellation for everything, which can only happen after midnight.

So the current situation is that nothing is down for cancellation. I have been told that the person I spoke to just now, when she comes into work tomorrow, will cancel it and I will get a confirmation Email by tomorrow night. I think I would rather a professional service have a different method of cancellation than relying on someone coming into work tomorrow....

Even if that does happen....will the 30day cancellation be from the original date I phoned to cancel, ie 1/2/2017, or tomorrow? and will that effect my billing date and costs? Im not sure I want to get back in touch to ask, everyone is saying different things.

0 Ratings
robert1997
Aspiring Expert
Message 170 of 373

I think you're being kind combining BT with professional. Amateurs could do a better job than BT.

Thats disgraceful service telling someone they'll cancel something the following morning when they get back to work. BBC's Watchdog programme springs to mind. BT are treating their customers like rubbish by treating them in this way. Unbelievable!!!!!

I've just spoke to a relative who works for Sky and they tell me that you can't leave a customer in what is effectively limbo.

I had Sky for years and never encountered such apalling 'customer service' as what you've encountered this evening (and believe me they left a lot to be desired at times).

0 Ratings