Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

BT reward apparently expired

New  first time BT Customer

Took out BT Broadband Fiber 100 out before christmas 2019.

Been waiting for my BT reward to come through so contacted online chat

Apparently it has now expired and I cannot claim it !!

When I took the package out no-one explained that there was a reward claim process and more importantly and EXPIRY DATE !

£120 Mastercard is no laughing matter and being a first time customer am quite upset as you can imagine

Can anyone please advise who I can best contact to get this resolved amicably please.

Regards  

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT reward apparently expired

@oakwood49 

Welcome to this user to user  forum.

If you did not claim it within three months, it would have expired and you have lost the award.

See the T&Cs.

https://www.bt.com/manage/bt-reward-card/

Did you claim it using the above link?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

Hi

Being a first time customer it would've been nice to be informed during order placement about these little catches

Obviosly placed there by BT to catch people out so they don't have to pay out. How nice of them... 

Would I recommend BT and carry on my broadband in the future.... 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 7

Ps why do you have to claim something that is yours is the bit that also makes no sense. 

Surely it's yours by default once you place an order. 

Like I said nice of BT to place a catch going people like me miss this and lose out

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

The fact I'm not the only one on here and the shear number of other users with the same expiry issues shows there is something fundamentally wrong with the system BT it's employing...

Or not if you are BT. It is working perfectly

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 7

If you order online all the t's & c's are there at the bottom of the page specifically the below, if people aren't reading them it's not really Bt's fault

Reward Card

You must claim your Reward Card once your broadband is installed and you have 3 months from this date to claim. Claim your Reward Card by visiting bt.com/manage/bt-reward-card and logging in with your BT ID. You must activate the card within 3 months of receipt. Following a successful claim, your card will be sent to the broadband installation address. Offer, Reward Card & BT terms apply. The Reward card is issued by Blackhawk Network (UK) Ltd, an Electronic Money Institution authorised in the UK by the FCA with Firm Reference number 900023; pursuant to license from Mastercard International. Mastercard® is a registered trademark of Mastercard International Inc. Blackhawk Network (UK) Ltd’s company registration number is 05802971 and its registered office is at Westside, London Road, Hemel Hempstead, HP3 9TD. Please note that Reward cards can also be referred to as BT Reward cards – they are the same thing.

Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

like all online ordering you need to 'tick' the box you have read and agree T&C before you can complete the order and like most people they just 'tick' the box and order without bothering to read the T&C

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.