cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

BT reward card - Activation code never received

Go to solution

Following moving to a new house, I signed up to BT broadband in June 2018 on the basis of receiving a £130 reward card. Shortly afterwards i received the reward card and it stated on there to await the activation code. Months passed and i forgot about the activation code i was waiting for and then tried to use the card in December. The card of course hadn't been activated as I had never received an activation code by post and so I was unable to use it.

Following this, I contcted BT card holder services, explaining that I had not received my activation code, who then replied that I would need to contact the provider Blackhawk Network, but any issues to contact them back. I emailed them on 15/12/2018, 20/12/2018 and then received a response on 21/12/2018 which advised that as it was outside of the 90 day period, I needed to contact BT again.

I then replied to cardholder services on 21/12/2018 and finally received received a response on 08/01/2019. Whilst I appreciate that this is over the Christmas period, waiting 2 and a half weeks for a response is clearly unacceptable. 

I contacted BT on 09/01/2019 and then the 21/01/2019 and have never received any acknowledgement of my emails, much less a response.

My orginal email to BT advised that I had never received an activation code and I am sure it is easy to see when I signed up to BT from my reference code that I had to provide to contact BT cardholder services. Why have I been misled and advised that I can get this from cardholder services when I am clearly not able to? And why am I still waiting for a response to my emails I sent nearly 2 months? 

This is clearly terrible customer service from a company that I would expect much better from. 

Does anyone have any idea how I can get this resolved?

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: BT reward card - Activation code never received

Go to solution

Welcome to this user forum.

If you cannot activate your Rewards Card. You would need to contact the Pure Card team. You can do so by email BT@Purecard.com of over the phone by ringing 0344 879 1068.

The number is open 9AM to 6PM Monday to Friday.

Have you done this already?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution
I have contacted them and they told me it is outside of the 90 day period and I need to contact BT. BT have then ignored my emails!
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

Hi @geezer450,

I'm sorry you never received your code to activate your BT Rewards Card. If you send me in your details, I'll ask my colleagues in the Rewards team to investigate.

I've sent you an private message with details on how you can contact the mod team.

Thanks

PaddyB

Message 6 of 10

Go to solution
@PaddyB thanks for your quick response. I have sent a PM back to you.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution
@Keith_Beddoe thanks for your help
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

Hi @geezer450 ,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I am sorry to see that you don't seem to have had the activation email sent to you.

I've contacted our Gift Card team to see if there's anything we can do to help. As the card was sent so long ago they may not be able to reactivate the card. It may take until Wednesday before they come back to me. As soon as I hear back I will be in touch.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

Hi @geezer450,

On Monday I arranged to have a new Reward Card sent out to you. It can take up to 10 working days for it to arrive. I wanted to speak with you today to let you know but I missed you on both of your contact numbers. Once you get the card you will need to activate it.

Do you need any other help at all or are you happy to close your case?

Thanks

DanielS

Message 10 of 10

Go to solution
@DanielS Thank you very much, appreciate the help and the fast resolution. Excellent customer service!