Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
grahamm1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

BT's "Order Prevention Department"

Go to solution

Why do BT have to make things so complicated?

I clicked on the “free upgrade” link and started an order. After a while the page reloaded and said that after reviewing my phone use, I had a choice of two international call plans or “none”. I don’t think I have ever made an international call from home, so I clicked “none” and got a message “you have selected two chargeable options and can only have one”. I tried again and again and again. Same result. Didn't matter what I selected. Same message.

Phoned BT to talk to someone about it and a helpfull man took my order. Cancel BT vision (but I can keep the box, he says) and upgrade to fibre with a new Smarthub.

A couple of days later I get an email confirming that my “BT TV Welcome Pack (Black Box), BT TV Spare Remote Control, Powerline Adaptor Pair” have been despatched. What? Why do I need them?

When I track my order it also says my Free Hub 3 will shortly be despatched. What? Why? I didn’t order a Hub 3.

It also says to make sure someone is in to sign for them, which I was told I didn’t have to do when I ordered and that I need to return the Youview box that BT said I could keep.

I phone BT and after waiting an age get through to a nice lady who spends quite some time looking at my order before telling me she has no idea what’s going on. Her best advice is to wait and see what turns up and if I didn’t order it, phone again and make arrangements to send it back.

She does not seem to understand that one of the reasons I try NOT to buy hardware from BT is their insistence that someone has to be in to sign for the goods or I have to trek miles to the sorting office to collect the item.

She confirms that I don’t need to send the Youview box back, apparently that’s an automated response to ensure that unwanted boxes get recycled and not dumped. Why doesn’t the system state that, then, instead of warning that you are charged if you don’t return the box?

Nice to see BT’s “Order Prevention Department” is still on top of their game.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Sage
Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT's "Order Prevention Department"

Go to solution

Give the options team a ring on 0800 800 030.

If you are upgrading to fibre from ADSL the HH3 won't work.

0 Ratings
grahamm1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Yes, I know. According to the order tracker I’m due to receive:

BT TV Welcome Pack (Black Box), BT TV Spare Remote Control, Powerline Adaptor Pair, Hub 3 and a Smarthub.

I phoned (twice) and was told BT have no idea why all those items were placed on order. I’m going to wait and see what turns up. Provided the Smarthub is amongst the deliveries I’ll be OK.

It just irritates me that what should be such a simple transaction ends up so confusing.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Hi @grahamm1,

Thanks for your posts and welcome back!

I'm really sorry about the confusion after trying to upgrade your package.  It took me a few times to get the gist of everything so I can only imagine the confusion you felt.  It doesn't look like a very positive experience to be perfectly honest.

I'd like to pick this up and straighten everything out for you.  Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link underneath my profile picture.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
grahamm1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Well, I have no idea what BT's order summary is going on about, but the Smarthub I ordered arrived and no sign of the items I didn't order, but was told are coming, so that's a result.

0 Ratings