cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 15

BT saying they cannot offer Super Fast BB when they can

Hi there

We bought a house last year and it already has BT / Openreach infrastructure installed for super fast fibre broadband. 

Cabling covers the road, cable has been laid to the house by Openreach, and inside the infrastructure has been done. 

As works was going on, the final connection wasn't done and the cables just sit in a coil ready to be connected. 

I have been trying for weeks for either BT, or Openreach, to have an engineer come for 10 mins, connect the cable, so I can then buy the super fast broadband package. 

I have spoken to BT 5+ times and just goes around in circles. Any one have a number I can call that doesn't take me to the same sales desk!? 

Thanks

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15

Re: BT saying they cannot offer Super Fast BB when they can

@TommyGreg14 

Welcome to this user forum for BT Retail phone and broadband customers.

Do you have an outstanding order with BT Retail, to provide broadband to your property?

Openreach will not do anything unless they get an order from BT, or another ISP.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 15

Use the address tab on the availability checker a post screenshot of the results. Edit out your address details first.

Also please confirm what you mean by super fast. I'm guessing FTTP Full Fibre but BT cal FTTC super fast.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 15

Thanks. BT wont let me order as it is showing as not available at my address.
So I need BT to update their system manually to allow me to place an order in the first place?
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 15

Yes i mean to order FTTP
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 15

Might also be worth going to: Fibre availability | Openreach - as this will literally tell you with the phrases UItrafast for FTTP and Superfast for FTTC.

Curious what you mean by infrastructure inside being done but outside not hooked up, generally you dont get an ONT installed inside for FTTP unless youve placed an order. Ive seen many telegraph poles with large reels of black cable hanging off them, I dont know if this is just what Openreach do whilst they are working and leave a length ready to pass to the next location or something.

The Customer Sales team at BT only know whats going on via what they can order and the availability checkers. I had a long standing issue where Openreach completed the work and their checker said I could get Ultrafast but the BT Wholesale checker said I couldnt, there was nothing sales or sales support could do about this, it was a case of waiting, there was no way of placing a manual order for FTTP until the BT Wholesale site updated to reflect it was available, in the mean time it was possible to order from other Openreach backed ISP's, Sky, Vodafone etc but it took around 3 months for BT's systems to suddenly show I could order it. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT Full Fibre 900 (Big Sport UHD) - Nokia ONT - Ubiquity ER-X - EETV Box Pro (IP Mode)
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 15

What sort of property is it , is it’s a new build , where you are the first owner or occupant or is it an established property where someone other than yourself has occupied the property before you  and a copper pair service was available before FTTP was made available as part of a ‘retro build’ scheme ?

It’s only new builds where the FTTP infrastructure is provided into the property before the property is handed over by the developer to the purchasers ( so Fttp from the outset ,   not replacing copper , no copper pairs ever existed ) this FTTP network is provided without an order from an ISP , ‘retro build’ is where the property gets FTTP availability but it’s not provided into the premises,  an order needs to be made to get FTTP installed, it seems as though yours is newsites .

If there is a FTTP cable coiled outside the property, then the developer never told Openreach the property was ready , if they allowed also the purchaser to take the keys away without ever granting Openreach internal access  and the occupant was never ‘at home’ to let OR in ,   after a couple of failed attempts to get access ( and no response to the card OR put through the letter box asking the occupant to get in touch )  , Openreach assumes the occupant doesn’t was OR network, and remove the address from the ordering system…..is this anything like your situation ?

Message 8 of 15

Good point about the new builds already have ONTs....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT Full Fibre 900 (Big Sport UHD) - Nokia ONT - Ubiquity ER-X - EETV Box Pro (IP Mode)
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 15

Thank you!
It is not a new build, but it is a full renovation.
We took ownership part way through the build.
The previous owner, had, via a non-residential arm of BT, had a FTTP cable installed, direct to the cabinet for security reasons, and also had internal infrastructure installed in the house. So the FTTP is there, just not connected or live.

I am wondering if there is a contact as BT commercial as am assuming BT commercial and BT residential don't actually talk to one another or have the same systems maybe??
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 15

For one the internal equipment might not be compatible, for example here at my office with have Fibre Leased Line through Vodafone but the Openreach equipment consists widely different (ADVA) equipment, as opposed to the small ONT for residential customers.

You wont be able to use this for a residential fibre service and just because someone had a fibre leased line (if thats what he did) it doesnt mean FTTP residential is there. When you say internal Infrastructure my IT managers head makes me think of rackable hardware such as the stuff we have here for our leased line.

Having said that maybe the it was business fibre and not a leased line, hard to tell but it would be interesting to see on those availability checkers what is available to you, did you check?

0 Ratings