cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
arby
Message 1 of 3

BT shambles and Complaints Advisors dropping the line on customers.

I'd heard that BT was a shambles but had no idea how bad it is.

I had problems placing an order for a mobile contract last week but as a consequence found that BT had been taking £34 a month from our bank account (a joint account but primarily used by my wife) for incredibly slow copper broadband plus £56 a quarter for line rental - more than I'd expect to pay for fibre optic broadband.  I've had no notification or explanation for the increased charge. 

Tried phoning then tried using the chat facility instead which announced someone should be with me in about 15 minutes.  After waiting about an hour I gave up and sent an email to Complaints. That was Wednesday last week.  I have the complaint reference number but have never received a reply.

This morning, I tried phoning.  After waiting for 15 minutes I got to speak to someone in a call centre who listened to the problem, obviously found it too complicated for him and just dropped the line. I see from elsewhere that this is a routine practice.

I tried other options on the phone and eventually got through to someone called Jordan.  Jordan was no help but at least he didn't just hang up.  I asked to speak to his manager and was told the manager, Mike Doyle, was very busy and would hope to get back to me in about a week.  Yes, this isn't a normal company, this is BT.

I'm going to write to Gavin Patterson the CEO to draw to his attention what it's like to be a customer of this awful company and taking it up the Ombudman service if I can't get it sorted.  For my sins I'm also a BT shareholder and will hope to button-hole Mr Patterson and other directors at the next AGM to ensure they understandwhat a mess the company is.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT shambles and Complaints Advisors dropping the line on customers.

Hi arby,

I'm sorry about the problems with your BT service, if you need any help with this please use the 'contact the mods' link in my forum profile under the 'about me' section to send in your details. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3
Moved:

Re: BT shambles and Complaints Advisors dropping the line on customers.

0 Ratings