Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
trevwoody
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

BT sharp contract practice - TV Sport package

Go to solution

I'm furious. 

BT mailed my parents through to notify them that their TV and Sport prices are going up in November. Their discount ends in January. The mail says they can get in touch and drop the product if this is not suitable. 

My mother called the number referenced and got through to the really nice girl, having a lovely chat. The lassie took care of removing TV and Sport from their package. 

I've just checked their mail and see that BT have actually signed them up for another 2 year contract of Broadband (their original contract runs out in August next year, another one where BT sold their highest speed package to pensioners. They don't play many games online..). 

Chances are they will be dead before this contract expires. OFCOM, here I come. 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
-Richie-
Guru
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT sharp contract practice - TV Sport package

Go to solution

Contracts have to be agreed, have you asked your parents what they agreed to ?
There's also a 14 day cooling off period, ask the account holder to get in touch, they can revert back.

trevwoody
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks Richie. As far as my mother is concerned, there was no mention of a new contract being arranged.  

I'll be able to spend more time on this tomorrow and figure out whether or not it was. I'm several hundred miles away so have to rely on the phone, less than ideal. 

Do be aware that the sneaky so-and-so's are using this as a mechanism to move folks from the old Halo 'price won't change when your contract ends' to the new 'your price will go up by inflation PLUS 3.9%' contract. 

I'm off to Virgin Media myself and think I'll probably get my parents to cancel/ move back to original deal to run the clock down on BT.  They've done this too many times. 

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

@trevwoody wrote:

......OFCOM, here I come. 

The first thing Ofcom will ask is  have you taken the matter up with BT and given them a chance to put the problem right, if you answer no then they will advise you to do so

0 Ratings
trevwoody
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Resolved, thanks. BT have undone the change. I’ll be making sure to be around for the conversation with the retention team.