Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beany31
Message 1 of 10

BT sport HDR

Hi all 

been trying for over a week to get BT sport ultimate through the app but had no such luck through multiple agents.

i have BT halo 76mb down which they kindly repackaged me for but didn’t sort the tv out.. I have BT TV starter but am paying £10 for BT sport. Trying to get access to the £5 bolt on but BT are trying to make me take out the full 4K tv package and pay £50 to have the box delivered. Absurd seeing as I won’t ever use it and want to just use the app. Would I be able to just upgrade to one of the other tv packages and then pay the £5 bolt on? No one has offered this, willing to pay BT for subscription but they’re making it impossible. 
can anyone help at all? Just regraded the internet so not sure what I can do 

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: BT sport HDR

Hi @Beany31,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for taking the time to post.

Sorry to hear that you have been unable to add BT Sport Ultimate to your account.

BT Sport Ultimate cannot be added to the BTTV Starter package and customers need to be on one of the following BTTV packages to be able to view BT Sport Ultimate via the BT Sport App.

1. Total Entertainment
  2. Max 4K
  3. Entertainment Max
  4. Max HD

Sorry we won't be able to add the service onto your package as an add on.

Thanks

Matt

0 Ratings
Beany31
Message 3 of 10

Hi Matt thanks for your response

on the phone now and it appears they’re still trying to make me take out the 4K box when all I want to do is use the app

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

@Beany31

Sorry to hear that you are still having problems.

BT Sport Ultimate is the name of our 4K BT Sport service which also includes HDR steams on the App. Since are just looking to be able to access HDR streams on the BT Sport app you are better not mentioning BT Sport Ultimate and just ask to change BTTV subscription to one of the subscriptions I have listed above. This might stop some of the confusion. 

You can also change your BTTV package via MyBT on BT.com.

Let me know if you get this sorted.

Thanks

Matt

Beany31
Message 5 of 10

They’re looking at the packages to upgrade me to but cannot get the app option to come up. Your colleague is being very helpful, but we’re not having much luck at the minute 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 10

An observation :

The Bt help page

https://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/65242

has a paragraph which lists the BT Sport Ultimate plans and packages.

From the thread sofar it looks like you have a BT TV Starter package with a BT Sport on TV addon which also gives you access to the BT Sport app. So to get ultimate on the app you would need  with  a BT TV package to one of the package that includes ultimate in its benefits.

If you were for example taking BT Sport App as a package addon with sufficiently fast broadband then  adding ultimate for a supplement would be an option for you as stated in the help page i have linked in. But you are taking your BT Sport  with a Tv Package.

0 Ratings
SpiderPig
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 10

@Beany31 

The easiest thing to do is when you are speaking to sales ask them to change your BTTV package to Total Entertainment or Entertainment Max and don't mention BT Sport. Once moved onto one of these tv packages you will be able to view the HDR streams on the BT Sport App.

Hopefully, this will help you get this sorted.

SP

0 Ratings
Beany31
Message 8 of 10

Thanks, so I placed my order after a 90 minute chat to them.

theyve placed an order with this package: TV
Entertainment Extra. I made it clear what I wanted. And even quoted the names of the packages above. Will this get ultimate ?

0 Ratings
Beany31
Message 9 of 10

The packages above Also don’t appear to be marketed as package names any more

0 Ratings
stereohaven
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 10

@Beany31wrote:

The packages above Also don’t appear to be marketed as package names any more

I pointed this out in another thread a short while ago, seems that what was Max HD/4K is now called Entertainment Extra.

I think the packages now start with Classic, then Entertainment followed by Entertainment Extra.