Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
gizmagis
Message 1 of 4

BT sport terms change - cancel contract

Hi team,

would someone please explain to me how BT can change terms on the following way. I have signed the contract for 18 months with BT sports for free (also for 18 months - for the time of contract). All of a suddon of course BT started charing for BT sports except if you sign new contract.

Now, I am still in an old contract for next 6 months and BT decided to charge me BT sport either way, every attempt to any advisor, manager, support, phone... has been usesles... I was told they can do that. Really? How can they do that? That's clearly breaking contract form BT side.

Can I cancel the contract without any fees and/or charges for this irresponsible thing?

Thanks,

G

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT sport terms change - cancel contract

It is perfectly legal for BT or ISP to change the price of your contract at any time as long as they give you the option to leave.

If you have received and email regarding the charges for BTSport you will see that there is information to this effect and that you can cancel your contract free of charge.

In order to do this contact BT 0800.800.030 and at the prompt say "cancel" this will take you to the relevant department.

0 Ratings
gizmagis
Message 3 of 4

Hi,

I am aware it's perfectly legal for them to change terms and fees IF they give me an option to cancel witout charges or fees. But here's the problem. On the email they sent, they didn't include anything about able to cancel if you don't agree (only pay BT Sport or renew contract to not pay). I have also spoke with many advisors and members and they all told me I cannot cancel.

So what can I do ?

G

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

The last paragraph of the email I got (my bold) :-

We want to make sure you get the best deal for you. So, if you want to change something, or even leave because of these price changes, and you're within your minimum contract period, you'll need to call us within 30 days of receiving this email to avoid paying a charge for leaving early. You'll need to give us 30 days' notice to leave (or 14 days5 if you're switching provider), starting from the date you ask us. We won't charge you the increased price during that time.

0 Ratings