cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ipri
Contributor
Message 1 of 19

BT sports farce.

We got BTBband + free BT1 & 2 and EPSN in March. Today got letter to tell me I have to pay £5 / month for "Prem league" games. I don't want this. Called BT...15 mins to get someone. Then had to explain ...told I could have free channels but they "had to process this".....also...this would then invalidate my 12 month contract.....and this would then  be restarted from now! Then told these were not free.....just that they didn't charge for them....and..some of these stop in August anyway. Then...a voice text to tell me ....the channels will be available on my TV shortly.

If this is BT way of doing business....will go asap.    I Prior......ps I did ask for my complaint to be passed onwards.

0 Ratings
18 REPLIES 18
ipri
Contributor
Message 2 of 19

Re: BT sports farce.

PPS...now got an email telling me that the reason I'm losing BT 2 + ESPN is because I do not want the BT sports pack!!....so it's not free. I notice some others say that it is still available if you have BT infinity...which I do!!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 19

This is probably the best page for all the BT Sport Aug price rises information in one place.

http://www.bt.com/btsportreferral

0 Ratings
ipri
Contributor
Message 4 of 19

BT problems continue!

Further to yesterdays Email......BT sent letter to inform me that I had been signed up to BT Champ league package at £5 / month......I did not ask or want this....I had to opt out...not opt in. I called...they have put me on BT Sport Lite....except it aint on!....also system restarted my contract so now I'm starting 18month contract.....as opposed to 12month I have tried to speak to someone....keep getting call centre in India....cant understand me ...or speak english well...cut off twice.

Someone must be able to sort this out....BT is completly useless....any help.?....please dont suggest calling someone.They have got folk tied up with no way of redress......they are invisible.   I Prior

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 19

Re: BT problems continue!

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.

They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are a UK based team of people, who take personal ownership of your problem.

Once you get a reply, make sure that you are logged into the forum, then click on their name, you will see a screen like this. Click on the link as shown below.
Please do not send them a personal message, as they cannot deal with service issues that way.

For your own security, do not post any personal details, on this forum. That includes any tracking number you are give.

They will respond either by phone or e-mail, when its your turn in the queue.
Please use the tracked e-mail, to reply, not via the forum. Thanks

modpicture.jpg

This is the form you should see when you click on the link. If you do not see this form, then you have selected the wrong link.
When you submit the form, you will receive an enquiry number, so please keep a note of it

Image2.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 19

Hi ipri,

Thanks for your post and welcome back!

Sorry for the confusion with the package that you've been put on.  I'm happy to have a look at things from here and confirm everything with you.

Click on my username and under the "about me" section you'll see the link to get in touch with us.

Cheers,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
illysmilks
Contributor
Message 7 of 19

I have had a similar issue.

I recontracted on the 26th of june, changed TV package and recontracted phone/broadband for 12 months due to the fact i was about to start being charged for BT Sport which i wanted to avoid.

So 30 odd days on i receive more emails stating i am going to be charged for BT Sport as of August 1st! In order to avoid this, please recontract for 12 months!

I call various different numbers (From advice on this forum - note that the 0800800030 is not a UK based number) and eventually after a total of 63 minutes on various calls I speak to a human being.

This person confirms BT sport is not chargeable due to the fact i have recontracted and this is an error and that they "have to confirm this" - they then come back on the line and state "you will be charged - you need to recontract for 18 months again".

I inform them i have recontracted around 30 days ago to avoid these charges - I am told, in the most arrogant way possible "not to worry, you dont need to do anything, i will recontract you now for 18 months, okay? I will do it now" - I ask what is the price, they cannot tell me, they say "roughly £18" so i ask what change will this have to my bill and they read out my last bill amount...

I mean honestly, what is going on within BT? Is the sheer volume of customers who are moving over to get BT Sport making it impossible to keep track of accounts/upgrades? And why is it so difficult to find someone who is capable of understanding an account issue and trying to resolve it correctly?

I have had non stop problems with my BT billing since i joined, every time it takes multiple (Up to 17 calls in one instance) to have the problems rectified.

If there is a moderator who can assist with this i would be very greatful - I cannot spend any more time on the phone about this and as far as I am concerend i have done what is needed to avoid paying for BT Sport already.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 19

@ipri wrote:

Further to yesterdays Email......BT sent letter to inform me that I had been signed up to BT Champ league package at £5 / month......I did not ask or want this....I had to opt out...not opt in.

There is no such package as BT Champ League. Did you read the help page I linked to?

You were already a subscriber to the BT Sport pack. BT were informing you that the price of that subscription is changing from Aug. After discounts that you qualify for it will cost you £5 from Aug rather than the current £0. If you do nothing then the price change will take effect on your account just like any other price rise they inform you about.

If you don't want the BT Sport pack at £5 then you need to do something about it. Either re-contract BT broadband and BT TV to qualify for the BT Sport pack at £0, downgrade to BT Sport Lite (£0) or cancel the BT Sport subscription completely.

Anyway if you take up the offer from the moderator they should be able to sort things out whatever you choose to do.

0 Ratings
ipri
Contributor
Message 9 of 19

Re. "there is no such package as C League"....you know what I mean. Yes...they did write to tell me of changes....they did not ask me if I wantad such...I have to call them to opt out...which I did...got BT Sports lite...except...it's not on...then found out that due to this unwantad change ( 3 months into contract)...my contract has been extended! Impossible to get anyone on phone that either picks up .or can speak English well enough to deal with problem ...so after 2 days on phone....still no further foeward. What is the point of a 12month contract if it get changed unilaterally by bt?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 10 of 19

The point I was making was that BT haven't automatically opted in customers to anything. They haven't changed their subscription to the BT Sport pack unless the customer has instructed them to do so.

They have however given notification of a price rise. BT don't treat customers still within contract minimum terms any differently. All customers get price rises applied at the same time. It's the way BT have always worked. Annoying at times but that's the way it is. Other providers often do the same.

I didn't want the line rental, broadband and BT TV price rises that are happening in Sep, but they are happening all the same and BT have also notified me of this. 😞

Regarding the poor customer service. Well that's a different matter altogether. We've all been there and it can be pretty atrocious at times. They certainly don't win many awards for it.