Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BrendanHickey
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

BT sports promotion taken off me when ive left broadband

Go to solution

on 20th November 2017 BT had a promotion, that anyone with BT broadband fiber could get BT sports for 18 months for free on sky.  i applied this promotion to my account, i then when into BT support chat to check if this promotion was subject to an active fiber broadband service. i wanted to know if i needed ot keep with BT broadband for the whole 18 months.. i was told that the promtion was not dependtant on a broadband servive and the 18 months bt sports would contuine even if i left bt when my fiber contract was up..  so last month i switched to virgin media.. and they canceled my BT sports promotion.. i was attach screenshots.. 

**Edited**

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
iniltous
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT sports promotion taken off me when ive left broadband

Go to solution

At a guess , I would imagine that the Rep was wrong when they said 'free' BTSport would continue if you left BT broadband, anyway if you have left after less than 12 months , presumably you have paid ETC or more likely you have used a price to leave penalty free, so could be accused of wanting your cake and eating it.

You would need to read the T@C's you agreed to at the time, November 2017, if they say BT Sport for free is dependent on remaining a BT Broadband customer for the 18 months , they you may feel tbat the rep misled you  but I doubt that would be enough to override the published T&C's 

0 Ratings
-Richie-
Expert
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

It was given to you free as a broadband customer, now you no longer have broadband, the promotion for BT Sports ended, a large element of the BT Sport package is a broadband discount, with BT broadband the standard cost is £12 per month to watch on Sky, without BT broadband it's £27.99 to watch on Sky.

You would also of been notified that your sport was ending on the 'sorry to see you leave' email, It states if you want to keep BT Sports to get in touch, you would of had options then, as you left last month your account will be closed, so you would now been seen as a new customer, also allowing you to have a new customer promotion though.

0 Ratings
BrendanHickey
Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Because the broadband package was for 12 months and the bt sports was for 18 months I immediately phone them up to ask about what would happen when my contract was up. In two separate conversations with bt they told me that once I had BT sport's I would have it free for 18 even if I left. If I complain am I liklli to get anywhere with this . They have records of my conversations.. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

I think you will find the information you were given was "correct" but based upon flawed information given by you. 

If your broadband package minimum term contract ended after 12 months your 18 month free BT Sport would indeed continue because your broadband package would have reverted to a 30 day rolling contract and you would still be a BT broadband customer.

If you had asked the Customer Service rep what would happen if at the end of my 12 month broadband minimum term contract I leave BT and go to another ISP the answer would have been that you will lose BTSport because it is an integral part of having a BT Broadband package regardless of whether or not it is within its minimum term contract

0 Ratings