cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vik2001
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 2

BT threatens me with debt collectors after BT disconnected my line in error

BT disconnected my phone line and broadband in error.  I rang up and they reconnected me with a new broadband contract starting at 24 months again, and i lost my landline number i had in the process which i had for over 20 years. they did nothing about this to compensate me either.

Now BT is chasing me with debt collectors which they say i  owe early termination charges on the original package BT disconnected in error without my consent. Ive explained over the phone 100x and they said they will stop the debt collectors and payment owed as they did it error, but BT havnt done anything depsite numerous chats and call, and im still getting emails and letters about debt collectors and they payment is still due.

What can i do? why dont BT action this, all the operators say it will get resolved but i have to keep ringing up?

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
NeilO
Message 2 of 2

Re: BT threatens me with debt collectors after BT disconnected my line in error

Hi @vik2001 I'm really sorry you're being chased for an incorrect debt, I'll send you a private message so you can get in touch with the moderation team and we'll be happy to help.

Thanks
Neil

0 Ratings