cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 2 of 11

BT took an extra DD payment after my account closed

I was with BT Home Essentials Broadband for exactly three months, paying by monthly DD. My account closed on 13th December with no exit fee on this contract. Today (19th December) BT took another monthly DD payment. I called Customer Services to be told that this is standard for BT and that after I receive a final bill through the post (and that will be long delayed, of course), any overpayment will be refunded.

Isn't that actually theft? Does BT take an extra payment from every customer when they leave, perhaps as punishment?

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11

BT 'Message Us' button not available

I would like to contact BT online but the "Message one of our experts online" button is unavailable. Is the only way to contact BT by telephone? Is this not 2022, or is the GPO still in charge of telecoms in the UK?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

Re: BT took an extra DD payment after my account closed

It's standard, your bill will have been produced before the account closed, within a time frame of it closing the final bill will be produced & a refund made, if you leave the dd set up it will be refunded automatically

Message 4 of 11

Re: BT 'Message Us' button not available

Presumably you mean the BT Live Chat Line. Click on the issue that you need help with and if the Live Chat is available it will show on the page as "Message Us".  It is not always available if there is heavy demand, so keep trying.  

Contact BT | Call us or chat online | BT Help

Fix broadband | BT Help

Technical support | BT Help

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

Re: BT took an extra DD payment after my account closed

Ah, I see, the old "standard accounting procedure" excuse for taking extra money. Strange that no other utility has done this to me.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

I'll believe that when I see it.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

So why bother asking the question on this forum if you don't expect to be given correct advice!

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

What I meant was that I will believe that the button is real when I see it. I have looked at that page on several occasions over the last few weeks and the 'button' is never there.
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

Perhaps if you post what your problem is you may be given assistance from the forum members.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

I have done so on a different Community board. I'm not happy with what I learned, so I wanted to contact BT directly online. It seems that the telephone is the only way, so I'll use that.

0 Ratings