Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Weegieq
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

BT tv price oncrease

Hi,

I've a few questions on the TV price increase, I've max hd and its due to go up by £4 if I don't re-sign by 15/7/19 (contract for sim only has just finished and phone/tv/fibre finishes Jan 2020)

I've managed to get through to speak to someone (twice) but haven't been offered any deal other than to stop the increase. The only offer available was pay more money for they stupid disc things even though its meant to be a "free" upgrade. 

I'm concerned that by not signing on for another 18months for bb/phone/TV I'll lose all my current discounts and end up stuck paying considerably more till I can leave.

Has anyone been offered anything? 

I see people's increase emails have been staggered, has anyone been hit with a much higher bill? 

Thanks

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Andy005
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT tv price oncrease

Hi @Weegieq 

You will only lose your current discounts if you don't recontract before your contract ends in Jan 2020. If you are happy with your current discounts why not recontact now, you'll avoid the price increase and your TV and broadband discounts will continue as they are now, for 18 months, so that will take to about the end of 2020.

Only you can decide what's best for you, but if you are happy with BT's services then I don't see what you would have to lose by re-contracting now. I would think that it's unlikely that you would be offered a better deal than you're currently on.

0 Ratings
billybob99
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 3

Re: BT tv price oncrease

I called and was offered a good deal to reconnect, have had a bit of an issue with 4k but otherwise I'm on a better deal than before 

0 Ratings