cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GarryJ
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 10

BTTV HD add on/NOWTV BOOST

Hi all,     When NOWTV was first announced as being added to the BT TV package, one of the statements was;  "You can add our HD bolt-on for £5 a month to watch any channel included in your package that has a HD variant.  As well as giving you BT Sport and AMC in HD, the HD bolt-on also includes NOW TV Boost. This gives you certain NOW TV content in full HD as well as 1 extra concurrency. The HD bolt-on can be switched on and off on a month by month basis as part of our flexible TV service".         The thing is, and for quite some time now, i have got the HD add on(extra £5) and can indeed get BT Sport and AMC in HD, but i also have a NOWTV Entertainment pass on my account, but can only watch the channels in my planner in SD, the HD channels do not work, is this correct?  Thanks in advance for any info given to my query!

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
NigelB72
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 10

Re: BTTV HD add on/NOWTV BOOST

There's a HD add on for the BT TV channels and also the HD Boost for the NowTV ones. I believe that they're the same price so if you swap to the NowTV Boost, you'll get HD on BT Sport, AMC and the sky channels. The NowTV HD Boost also gives full 1080p through the NowTV app with on demand programs

0 Ratings
GarryJ
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 10

Thanks for the reply, i did phone customer services about this earlier and was told to get the NOWTV channels in HD, i would indeed have to get the NOWTV BOOST.....at a extra cost of £3 per month on top of the £5 i already pay to get BT Sport in HD!!  

0 Ratings
NigelB72
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 10

Ahh ok.  You probably do need both then. We've got the VIP pack so everything is included

0 Ratings
moonie2014
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 10

I've got now TV boost £3.00 per month.  This give you the now TV channels in HD through the youview box, it can only be ordered through your now TV account and will show on your BT bill, you can't add it through bt. The £5.00 bolt on can be ordered through bt and will give you the now TV channels plus bt sport amc etc in Hd.  I hope this helps

0 Ratings
garybs29
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 10

The boost is available through BT however it needs to be paid for at the £3 if the now passes are add on's & not part of the package

GarryJ
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 10

The boost is available through BT however it needs to be paid for at the £3 if the now passes are add on's & not part of the package.

The above, it seems, is what has happened to me, my main TV pack is the BT Sport option, with the NOWTV Entertainment pass as an add on, seems that is why, despite having the £5 HD add on, is why i only get the sport and AMC in HD  and the NOWTV Entertainment channels in SD.  Thanks for everyones response to my query, much obliged!

0 Ratings
GarryJ
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 10

Though saying that, i usually watch a lot of NOWTV through the app rather than the BT TV planner,  when i watch through the app, the picture suddenly jumps and a much better picture comes on, its as if my TVs are upgrading the picture to a much better available quality, and basically, to my eyes at least, seems near enough HD in strength, so there is no big problem, thanks again everyone!

0 Ratings
stereohaven
Recognised Expert
Message 9 of 10

The standard NOW TV picture is "up to 720p HD with stereo sound", which for a lot of simple, slow moving content is usually fine for most eyes, especially with a decent upscaler in your box or TV.

The "NOW TV Boost" pushes that picture quality to 1080p 'Full HD' and adds in Dolby Digital 5.1 sound (apart from on a few devices where it is "coming soon").

But the biggest benefit is the 50 frames per second instead of the standard 25 on 6 of the sports channels showing fast moving content, which makes for a much smoother picture.

Some would argue that unless you have sport the Sky Sports channels and/or a Dolby Digital compatible sound system (or really need to run an extra concurrent stream), you might not need boost at all as you won't see any obvious benefit.

ney
Expert
Message 10 of 10

I have the HD Boost/HD add on and im paying £5 a month.

I have the Big Entertainment package.

I cancelled BT Sport at the start of March last year. 

I was getting BT Sport in HD up until 3 or 4 weeks ago now its seems to have stopped and they want £15 a month for it or to get the VIP package. Not that I watched BT Sport much but what dose the £5 a month HD now meant to cover.

Darren

0 Ratings