cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gary80
Message 1 of 12

Bad service from BT

well all was good,land line paid up to get a little discount broadband and BT sport for Moto GP all good then I noticed my bill has doubled so I emailed them no response so I call them,apparently my contract has ended but no one told or warned me they just hike the price and because I paid up front for land line if I cancel I don't get a refund on that anyway,I am disappointed with this typical big company if I was a new customer I would be treated better and get a deal,so voting with my feet seems my only option I'm affraid.

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 12

Re: Bad service from BT

no providers tell you when your contract ends they leave it down to the customer to renew contracts OFCOM no longer allow providers to auto renew contracts
0 Ratings
SteveRiley
Beginner
Message 3 of 12

I have had a problem when they raised the rental charge, I bet they don't let their suppliers change a contract like that, especially as I was conned in the contract in the first place when it was set up. Their letter led me to go online, I was overloaded with EU referendum at the time and could ill afford to waste time on this time limited nonsense. Anyway the online system got it all wrong, I couldn't correct it, so another phone call after I received this new contract. The person at the other end said she could see what had gone wrong and would fix it. I have now received an inflated bill which they wouldn't correct and threatened me with late payment charges when I said I would pay the part of the bill that was valid and cancel the DD, more work, am I glad I have the referendum out of the way. Now I have to wait 48 hours for the manager to listen to the original call, my advice, so he has all the facts before he calls me, god help help him if he doesn't. I hope they haven't lost this call in the same way as they lost the one I was conned in and I haven't finished with that issue yet either, I don't like being ripped off, I left sky for that reason, it appears BT are trying to achieve bottom of the list for lack of customer service.

As for the previous comment, reminding people when their contracts are ending is not the same as renewing, they appear quite happy to up the price to maximum and hope the customer doesn't notice. When a contract ends then so does the service but they don't cut it off. A very facetious response.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 12

@SteveRiley wrote:

As for the previous comment, reminding people when their contracts are ending is not the same as renewing, they appear quite happy to up the price to maximum and hope the customer doesn't notice. When a contract ends then so does the service but they don't cut it off. A very facetious response.

No, it goes on to a rolling open contract that can be cancelled at any time rather than a fixed length one.

0 Ratings
Gary80
Message 5 of 12

Well not telling you and just doubling your bill is not the way and refusing to refund any line rental that has been pre paid because you thought everything was hunky dory at the time is just not on in this day and age,BT will loose customers 

0 Ratings
Gary80
Message 6 of 12

Yes a very expensive rolling contract by the look of it.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 12

line saver rental is not refundable and that is clearly shown when you sign up for it
0 Ratings
Gary80
Message 8 of 12

Well going by there attitude they obviously don't worry about loosing customers 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 12

they do just the same as every other provider it is down to you to renegotiate a new deal when your contract runs out not them to contact you and say do you want to renew

this link shows  line saver rental very clearly http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/13962/~/bt-line-rental-saver-discount

0 Ratings
Gary80
Message 10 of 12

Well I,m glad car,house and other insurers don't operate like that,no one would be insured,Nowadays it's about customer service and they lack it in spades.

0 Ratings