cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stephencs37
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

Being billed after end of contract

After calling before my cobtract ended to for assurances that that would be the end of my ties with BT I still find myself being billed. A phone calk to complaints gave me the impression the matter was being resolved but now I find it hasn't been resolved and the bills are adding up. What ican I do to get this matter resolved? I would now assime an independent body needs to look into this case. I understand tbis is a common problem with bt. It is not ethical to bill after a contracy ends abd after being reassured that that would be the end.
0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: Being billed after end of contract

@stephencs37 

When your contract ends, you are put on a rolling monthly contract. You will need to actuallyy ring up and cancel your services, to stop any billing.

Have you actually done that?

If you had, then your phone, and any broadband would have been disconnected.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
stephencs37
Beginner
Message 3 of 9

Yes I did call to cancel. To begin with I was going to take by with me to a new house (we moved house). I arranged on line for BT to make the move( connect to the new house). The date was 3 weeks after the move so I decided to find a provider who could connect sooner. I called by to tell them the situation a- because they could not do the move sooner I would not be renewing the contract and asked them to cancel my request to connect at new house. I also asked if there was anything else I must do? The answer was no. End of contract will end the matter. Apparently the cancelling the connection to the new house automatically cancelled my cancel BT request (ie. no renewal of contract) still with me? Confusing eh? I call when I find out the cancellation did not happen and a bill to add. I thought that had been cleared up but now the canelation is now from my call to complain. And the bill for BT service is now running into the next month as notice. After being reassured in the beginning that the end of contract is end of contract then being reassured by complaints for the master to be resolved and still no end is frankly unethical practice by BT. Customer service? More like customer entrapment. And this is not even mentioning the bill increases mid contact.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 9

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
-Richie-
Expert
Message 5 of 9

If you had a home move order it would of created an open order, if you then change your mind and wish to cancel that would require BT to cancel the home move order, once that closes you can then place a cease order.

Can I ask were the services at your old address still active or ceased when you changed your mind ?

0 Ratings
stephencs37
Beginner
Message 6 of 9

I cancelked the move order and the contract during the sane call. We dod return to the old property as it was a staged move. There was no service at that property when we checked. We checked just to see if it had indeed been cancelled. When there was no service then that was what we expected. Had there been still a service I would have calked bt yet again.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

@stephencs37 I've sent you a private message with information on how you can contact the moderation team and we'll be happy to look into this for you.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 9

@stephencs37 

You must reply to the moderator via private messaging, and not via this thread, as this is a public site.

I have removed that last post you made, so the moderators can look at it, as it had a lot of personal information.

0 Ratings
stephencs37
Beginner
Message 9 of 9

Thanks I realised that mistake, and have sent it as private.

0 Ratings