cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Issa
Message 1 of 5

Being billed for period prior to activation?

Go to solution
Hi

I have just joined BT (activation date 10/04/17). On my account my first bill has already been produced to be taken out on the 21st however the bill period is 25/03/17 to 09/04/17. Is this normal to be charged for a period that i havnt even been connected? During that period i was still with my previous provider who has charged me upto the end of the month.

I understand i would be paying an activation fee which shows on my bill but the charge for the period prior to activation is somewhat crazy.

Any thoughts?

Thanks alot
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Being billed for period prior to activation?

Go to solution

Any advance broadband charges prior to activation, would normally be credited on your next bill. If this does not happen, then please post back here.

Remember that both line rental and broadband charges are charged in advance, and any phone call charges are charged in arrears.

0 Ratings
Issa
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution
Thanks for your reply.
I would understand if i was charged from 10th april onwards in advance but when it said bill period 25/03/17 to 09/04/17 it left me scratching my head!!
I will look out for my next bill and hope as you have advised.

Thanks again
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Hi @Issa,

I believe the dates you see are in the "What You Used" section underneath "My Bills". It will show the 25th of March, as that's the date you will have placed the order, up until the day before your service went live/day before your next billing period. There are no charges for this period. This section will come in useful for future bills but we implement it from the beginning.

When you view the bill itself, or download to PDF, you will notice that it states "The following advance charge for your package includes your line and applies from 10 Apr 2017 to 9 May 2017".

Thanks

DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
Issa
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution
Ohhhh right good job I posted here! Thank you so much for pointing it out.

Kind regards
Issa
0 Ratings