cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
wishbone
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 10

Being charged for BT TV even though still on promo?

I was signed up to a new bundle contract in Feb this year when I moved house. Part of this bundle was free BT TV/BT Sport Pack. For the bills I received in the past months I have never been charged for the TV/Sport Pack as the Broadband loyalty discount always offsetted the cost of it. Yet for this month's bill, I was charged a total of nearly £8 even after the Broadband loyalty discount was applied. Apparently the price of BT Sport Pack went up to £19.99 this month from £13.50 in the past, yet the loyalty discount applied this month was still £13.50, hence I was billed the remaining...

Shouldn't the Broadband loyalty discount be raised this month to offset the new increased BT Sport Pack price since my bundle promised free BT Sport Pack for 12 months? I tried sending a billing query to BT Residential contact form 7 days ago and their auto email response said they would reply within 48 hrs (96 hrs if they're busy) yet I have not received a reply from them at all.

In any case I don't use BT Sport Pack at all as I don't follow sports programmes. If I don't want it anymore since they want me to pay for it now, will I get billed? It's all very confusing. I never would have signed up for BT Sport Pack other than the fact it was offered as free to me if I take up the bundle package.
0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: Being charged for BT TV even though still on promo?

Hi Welcome to the Community Forum

I am sorry to see you are having problems with your BT service

I suggest you contact live chat at this link they should be able to help you

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact/c/2902/?s_intcid=con_intban_sanda_contact_us_chat_from_forums
0 Ratings
wishbone
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 10

I can't use the online chat facility as I'm on my phone at work John.. It just won't work even though I click on the link to chat. I think it can only work on PC. I would like a reply by email if possible, or a phonecall back if possible. I dealt with Richard that way when I was encountering issues with setting up a new phoneline after I moved to my current house in Feb.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 10

their is no published email addresses and the only listed phone number would be 0800800150
0 Ratings
wishbone
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 10

Can I submit another request for a response again from the online contact form? Or should I continue waiting? I'd rather not call the 0800 number on my phone at the moment.
0 Ratings
wishbone
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 10

In any case are you a BT customer service rep and if you are, do you think the Broadband loyalty discount should offset the cost of BT Sport Pack even if the price of that has gone up this month? I don't know if this is the case. I would think it is.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 10

you can although it may cause confusion the choice has to be yours on that one
0 Ratings
Claire71uk
Message 8 of 10

This is not just affecting your account, anyone who signed up for FREE BT TV & BT SPORTS ... triple check your bill, do not bother with contacting customer services... As they cannot and will not help! Took over 70 mins on chat with up to 13 mins between responses.

I joined BT on May 2, with an agreed service start date 19/05/2015 and promise of zero interuptions in any broadband service.

BT TV, Phone & broadband for 12 months. With free BT Sports, TV.

My plusnet, was disconnected and provider tag removed by BT on 13th May 2015 at 21:30hrs?

Yet within 3 months, BT themselves have manipulated my account in their favour... This months bill was double, what I signed up for?

New service still didn't start until 19th May... BT failed to use or add DD to my account...I was lied to and told chat staff couldn't as outstanding balance, bill generated that day... So not outstanding! I tried adding DD every day since 22nd Aug 2015.

This is response from BT CEO office and resolution staff ... I have had a look on the bill and I’ve seen the charge for the BT Sports, this charge shouldn’t be on the bill as you have BT TV. The BT Sports season starts from 1st Aug and what’s happened is that it has reverted to the App service as opposed to the TV service.

I Can get this sorted for you so you’ll have the BT Sports free for the season and I will credit back any charge for BT Sports on your last bill. Regarding your Direct Debit I can also set this up for you if you wish or have a direct debit mandate sent out for you to complete.

Did they do this, no! Also, DD now in place and no sign of promised line rental rebate of £2.

As BT are actively in breach of contract, some if not most will take the opportunity to leave at first opportunity.

Anyone with any suggestions on how we can act AGAINST BT when they attempt to modify grandfathered contracts?
0 Ratings
wishbone
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 10

Oh dear...this does not bode well. No wonder they have no replied to me? I hope it does get resolved though. If I have to pay nearly £8 extra every month until the 12 mth promo is over next Feb, they would have pocketed nearly £54 from me in total for a service I never required. Obviously I would be looking to switch broadband providers in the future if this never gets resolved..
0 Ratings
BRUN
Contributor
Message 10 of 10

This has happened to me too, ive spoke to customer services and it seems an error on their system caused them not to bill us at all for BT TV If you check your emails when you signed up, it will list all the charges you agreed to, ive been paying £5 less than agreed for 6+ months have you not downgraded your BT Sport to Lite ?
0 Ratings