Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 11

Being charged for calls I didn't make.

Go to solution
Help. For the last two months I am being charged for calls made from my landline that I didn't make. BT call centre said to call the police! The police said BT should be helping me here. They are adamant I made the calls and I've told them it is not me. So I reluctantly take out call barring. Why I should pay a further £4.50 to prevent calls being made when I don't make them is so fustrating. Just a money making scheme from BT. They should be investigating the problem instead of charging their customers more. So I take out call barring I check my phone and funnily enough theRe is no dial tone. So my phone is not even working! What can I do? Surely I shouldn't have to keep paying for someone else to make calls? Also I shouldn't have to take out call barring to avoid it from happening. I'd be happy for BT to put call barring on my phone at their cost as i know I don't use my landline for calls. After close inspection of the numbers dialled I'm sure it's someone close by to me as one of the numbers is our flat repairs line. I'm so over BT it's been nothing but problems since I moved to them back in October.
0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: Being charged for calls I didn't make.

Go to solution
dial 17070 it will read back your phone number if it is not your number then you have a crossed line you then need to report it to faults on 151 if you have no dial tone the that could also be the cause of the calls being made as your line is connecting with another line
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution
Thanks John. BT are looking into the fault but said I may have to pay the £129.99 engineer charge which is so frustrating since I don't even use the phone.
When I call my landline it rings but my phone is not ringing. My broadband still works though.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution
the 129.99 is an advisory and only charged if the fault is inside your property as you have no dial tone then that sounds like an external fault broadband can still work when there is a phone fault although usually slower
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution
So the engineer fixed my phone line and confirmed crosswire situation so I was being charged for someone else's call however BT still dismissive and when I asked them to put a block on my outgoing calls so this does not happen again they said I would have to pay. Considering the two BT people point blank accused me of making the calls and now been confirmed it wasn't me I don't trust that this won't happen again. Can't wait to leave BT when my contract is over.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @Belinda1,

I'm sorry to hear that you had a crossed line but glad it has been fixed. We'll take over this for you and help you. To reach us, click on my user name and then on contact the mods. Please make sure you have Full view on instead of Mobile view. That'll then let you raise a trouble ticket into my team. We'll do our best to get this resolved today so please complete that as soon as you can.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

thanks I have emailed the moderator via the link.  I am not holding my breath and am preparing for this to be dragged out and get a deadlock letter so it can be escalated. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Moderator-Retired
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @Belinda1

Thanks for speaking with me. I am glad we got everything sorted for you and if you ever need help again you know where to come Smiley Happy

OlgaC

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

Thanks Olga, you have definately restored my faith in BT by your prompt action. 

0 Ratings