cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qwerty1
Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Being charged for two months at the same time?

My activation started September 8th and I wasn't billed for it in advance, but now I am not only being billed for the first month but  the second month in advance. According to my billing page on the BT site, I will pay £151 on the 18th. One, I was told o would only pay TV activation charge of £10 but not the broadband activation fee of £50 because I was already previously a BT broadband customer. This was merely supposed to be a 12 month renewal and not a new contract, but owning to a mistake by BT and not cancelling my TalkTalk application in time as I had requested, I went over to them for 10 days before everything was sorted i.e. MyTalkTalk was cancelled and then started a brand new contract with BT. I was assured I wasn't going to be charged the broadband activation fee as I clearly told them I would stay with TalkTalk unless the waive this fee. I spoke to Robbie about this when he called. You can verify this with him. 

Robbie, can you please look into my account and sort my billing out. Please subtract the activation fee of £50. And why am I being charged for two months at the same time? Either charge me in advance each month or after the each month. Why am I being charged for the first month after the month has completed but in advance for the second month? 

Seriously, BT has caused me a lot of angst these last two months. A simple renewal has resulted in a endless number of calls, some of which lasted more than half hour, gong back and forth because the advisors are not on the same page, etc, etc. 

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Being charged for two months at the same time?

Hi @qwerty1,

Robbie is out of the office at present but should be in later today. Can you drop me a PM and let me know the reference number for your contact with @RobbieMac or else the email you used to contact him? I can't find any details for you under this user name.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
qwerty1
Contributor
Message 3 of 8

Hi Daniel,

I don't have the details to hand. I contacted him via 'contact the moderator' link and we then discussed everything over the phone a couple times about the new contract, which is currently ongoing. You can be 100% certain that I told him I would return to BT (didn't like TalkTalk's broadband) if the activation fee was going to be waived, which he agreed to, but I now find my bill has this fee applied. The reason for the fee being waived is that this new contract was supposed to have been a renewal as opposed to a brand new one.

You can also go through my forum threads where I mentioned the activation fee. BT staff on this forum agreed I shouldn't have to pay it. 

I would appreciate it if you guys can sort it out because  I don't want to go through what seem an endless number of support calls to the BT helpline to get to the point. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

I've been chatting with @RobbieMac and he has your details.

He'll be in touch with you about it.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
qwerty1
Contributor
Message 5 of 8

Robbie deducted the activation charge from the bill a few days ago but it's now been added back and the total is again showing £151.

I seriously am getting fed up with BT of late. Can you please deduct the activation charge again and move my direct debit to 25th of the month, or better still, the 8th of November. Since my activation date was the 8th of September it makes sense it falls on that date so it's 30 days or so between each payment date. I will pay for the first two months on that date.

I need this done today please because the current direct debit is set up for the 17th, which is tomorrow. 

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Hi @qwerty1

Thanks for posting back!

Can you reply to the email that I sent you please and I will pick things up that way?

Thank you.

Robbie

0 Ratings
qwerty1
Contributor
Message 7 of 8

Please check email. Thanks

0 Ratings
qwerty1
Contributor
Message 8 of 8

I managed to change the direct debit date from my account page. I didn't realise you had this option. 

0 Ratings