cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Bereavement account holder has died

My father recently passed away, I briefly spoke to BT who were not very helpful or sympathetic. I would like to close the account asap to avoid any further costs, as my dad had an expensive package. Can someone please advise as to the most efficient method? letter/call/email? Thank you

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Bereavement account holder has died

Hi @hanging-on-the-phone,

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry you're having problems getting the account closed. Please accept my condolences on the loss of your dad. I'll be happy to lend a hand with this. Can you please drop me over an email with the details? You'll get the contact the moderators link in my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Hi I have sent an email (I think) a moderator form

thank you for replying so quickly.

0 Ratings
tetjan
Message 4 of 6

My mother died recently, and I spoke to someone at BT who sounded helpful and sympathetic, but in reality was clearly just a member of the accounts closure team who hates her job.

As my mum's executor I provided all my details, so that any correspondence etc. would be in my name and go to my address.

I requested a bag to return the broadband modem. So what happened? Incompetent and insensitive BT employee addressed the bag to my late mum and posted it to her address.

I've now received a final bill - again addressed to my late mum, but c/o my address. And the first page contains a 'Sorry you're leaving BT' message "We hope we can welcome you back to BT before too long". I am intrigued to know how they expect that to happen?  It would be laughable if it weren't so insensitive.

I don't want an apology because the damage has been done. This is just a word of warning to any other recently bereaved people that they shouldn't expect BT to actually care.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Hi @tetjan and welcome.

I'm so sorry the service you've received has caused you further distress after the loss of your mum. I'll be happy to take a look at this and make sure everything is in order for you. If that suits drop me over an email with the details. You'll get the contact the moderators link in my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings