Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
jem16
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Best time to negotiate renewal?

My contract isn't due to end till 10th November. However I have now had an email and a letter offering to renew at the same discount as I currently have. Unfortunately it is for 18 months as opposed to 12 months and free Caller ID is only for 12 months which would put things out of sync so not interested.

Is it even worth ringing up now to see what can be offered or best to wait till nearer the time? Better offers are available elsewhere just now but I can't move anyway.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Best time to negotiate renewal?

Hi @jem16,

The best thing to do is to ring our Retentions Team on 0800 800 030 and they'll be able to take a look at what offers are available for you.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
jem16
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Thanks - did that.

Bit of a waste of time really. £32.49 for 18 month contract putting Caller ID out of sync and £44.99 for 12 months contract.

Considering I can get Sky for £25 for 18 months with free Caller ID and £30 for Sky Max it's not exactly being competitive just now.

0 Ratings
conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 5

Ring the retentions team about 3 weeks before the contract end date. Be prepared to haggle and freely quote what other providers are offering- you may get within £5 if lucky but be prepared to make several phone calls before you get a sensible offer as the attitude of the operatives varies extremely ie from not being really interested in giving any discount to agreeing a contract for the same price you are currently on ( I'm on adsl) but getting a discount on fibre is sometimes difficult. You can also get them to start the new contract to start when the current one ends.

0 Ratings
jem16
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Thanks Conrad. I shall try that.

0 Ratings