cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DJWNZ101
Message 1 of 4

Bill Payment Date

I have a very simple request; I would like my BT bill to be paid, in full, monthly, by direct debit, specifically on the 16th of each month.

I have made numerous attempts to arrange this over the phone help-line without any success.  I have no interest in the billing date, and the typical number of days after the billing date on which the payment will be taken; all I want to do is lock down the payment date for the 16th of each month.

Is this possible?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Bill Payment Date

If you would like to try Live Chat they should be able to help you.

0 Ratings
geo1986
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 4

It can't be paid in full on a certain date - they can only take a set monthly payment (averaged a few pound higher than your bill). But it always seems to result in problems, not recommended at all
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 4

The answer is that if you pay your bill in full either monthly or quarterly, the DD date is not changeable. The Monthly Payment Plan geo is referring to allows you to choose any date. I've used it for many years without problems but these days, with bill totals varying very little, there's not much advantage apart from being able to choose the date. In fact if it wasn't for BT's tendency to mess up changes, I would probably switch to paying the whole bill monthly.  

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings